Monday, October 31, 2016

~Fall Musings~

Happy Halloween! Are you ready for your trick or treaters tonight?
Most of the children in our neighborhood all grew up at the same time; and there are only a few families left with small children. So, it will be a slow night.

Today, I am just sharing a few of the things that I have been posting on Instagram

I found this little bouquet of flowers at the grocery store and put a vignette together for the kitchen island. I thought the colors were perfect for fall.



I also found this leather topped writing desk, for a steal, on Craigslist. I needed to get a chair; and this one was perfect from At Home stores. I love this desk in front of the window, looking into the courtyard, with a view of the fountain.


I spent last week in my beloved Louisiana, at our home in the country!
It was so relaxing and nice to see friends that I grew up with. We always have a great time!

 

No trip home is complete without a stop at Parish Press for beignets and coffee.
So good!!


And, of course, gumbo at Ponchatoulas is always a treat!


I love nothing more than waking up in the piney hills of North Louisiana! The houses nestled among the trees just ooze Southern charm!


Finally, this morning, I shared some photos that hubby sent to me. He was in Hawaii on business; and the hotel staff had a pumpkin decorating contest. These were my faves:

This was the entry from the Finance Dept.
Isn't this the cutest Accountant you've ever seen?


Of course, with the Pokemon craze, there was a Pikachu entry...


And what is Halloween without, "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!"



Thanks so much for spending some time here today! I will start playing around with some table settings for Thanksgiving this week; and in a few short weeks, we'll be prepping for the holidays!

Hope you're having a great day today!
Happy Decorating!

8 comments:

  1. The flowers look lovely. You have a gift of beautiful decorating. The food looks quite tasty. How sweet you are sharing with us. Love the cute pumpkins. Some people are so creative. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy and beautiful week you had...glad you were able to spend time in your beautiful Louisiana...and love those great pumpkins....saw them on IG...and must say...great find Shenita...Love that desk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and happy memories are the best! Love the new desk and the fun pictures of the pumpkins from Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in Baton Rouge last weekend! Had a cup or couple cups of gumbo myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing pumpkins! And I can see why you like going to Louisiana so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always nice to return to your hometown and enjoy family and friends. Sounds like you enjoyed your visit and had some delightful food. Nice table and chair, glad you have the perfect spot for it. Cute, cute pumpkins. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shenita,
    Adorable Pumpkin decorating!
    How cute is that Linus?
    Glad you were able to go home for a visit, dear friend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that desk and chair in your home. So pretty! You're lucky to have another home in LA too. I've never been there but I'm sure I would love it. I love all things southern. Those pumpkins were so cute. That's neat that they decorated their own pumpkins at work.

    ReplyDelete