Tuesday, October 18, 2016

~Fall Around the House~

Happy Tuesday! Hope your week is off to a great start!
Little by little, signs of Fall have been popping up around the house. I have been posting daily on Instagram; but, I thought I would share a few things here, as well.

One of the things that I like to do is style this tiered bowl with seasonal accents. I enjoy changing its contents with the seasons. For Fall, I simply added a few pumpkins and called it done.


While I was in the dining room, I also styled the china hutch with a few white pumpkins. I am participating in another photo-a-day challenge on Instagram, for the month of October. The challenge on this particular day was, "Sparkle". The first thing that came to mind was the crystal in the china hutch. I added the crystal candlesticks to the dining table for a little extra sparkle.


On another day, the challenge theme was, "Orange". I love this floral arrangment, with orange roses, that my bestie took on her weekend getaway to San Diego. Isn't it gorgeous?


On another day, the challenge theme was, "Leaves". We have yet to see any significant color changes here; but, Dear Hubby snapped this photo on a recent business trip to Colorado.


Another thing that I like to do, annually, is decorate this large bowl, on the buffet island, for the season. I bought an assortment of pumpkins and gourds for the kitchen; and a few of them ended up here.


I also used a few pumpkins and gourds on this breadboard, as a quick centerpiece, for the dining room table.


Later, in the week, I added this blue and white vase, filled with fresh greens, as we prepared the dining room for guests, to celebrate my oldest daughter's birthday.


Another theme for one day of the photo-a-day challenge was, "Blanket". We love these faux fur zebra throws/blankets, on the back of each sofa, in the family room. They are so great to wrap up in and watch t.v.


I, also, wanted to use Hedge Apples in my Fall decor. Last week, Dear Hubby brought in some Hedge Apples that he picked up on the side of the road. They replaced the pumpkins and gourds, which I moved to another bowl.


Another photo challenge theme was, "Spooky". I got rid of most of my Halloween decor, as the girls got older and went off to college. So, I used some old, black dinnerware that I had, and this really cool filter, to create my version of Spooky.


Finally, on yesterday, our photo challenge theme was, "Quiet". A few years ago, I ordered these little "Do Not Disturb" pillows to hang on the bedroom doors. They are perfect for letting people know when you need a little quiet time. I also love using them for our houseguests. I leave them on these little tea trays that I like to place outside the door, just before bedtime.


I am slowly adding more Fall touches around our home. I just really want to enjoy the season and not rush to get everything done. It all goes so quickly!

I also want to invite you to join me on Instagram! I post there almost daily! You'll get to see many things that don't always appear, here, on the blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 
Happy Fall and Happy Decorating!

16 comments:

  1. Shenita,
    Gorgeous Autumnal decor, dear friend!
    Since I don't Instagram,
    I'm thrilled to see your photo challenge photos here on your blog!
    Loved the Spooky photo of your Dining Room!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fall ideas in a beautiful setting, Shenita! Your home looks so warm and inviting! I miss seeing hedge apples on the road where I use to live. They make great autumn accent pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always beautiful, Shenita!! Your home is so warm and welcoming, I want to come visit:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shenita! Oh, everything looks so beautiful at your home - always! Hope you're having a good week.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is like a breath of fresh air to me when I see COLORS in someone's home and yours is gorgeous. Love that bowl and tiered stand! Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shenita you have worked your decorating magic in adding fall decor to your home. I love how you have added just the right touch to every space. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shenita, everything you share is always beautiful.,.I always enjoy and look forward to your Instagram! Wishing you a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! You have such talent. Are you coming to the gathering on Thursday? I sure hope so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shenita! Looks like you had fun finding pictures for the challenge. Your home looks warm and inviting. Love the tiered bowl and the gorgeous picture your husband took in Colorado. Fall is setting in here pretty steady now. Love this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fall is definitely fabulous in your gorgeous home Shenita....beautiful touches everywhere as usual!...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shenita,
    The elegance of your home is timeless beauty, your soft decorating touches all throughout add charm and interest! Always such a joy to visit you and I always leave feeling inspired!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shenita, your home is magnificent! I'm sharing this with my bestie right now. Keep me inspired! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home looks beautiful, Shenita! Great inspiration! Love every Fall touch you have added. Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shenita, it all looks gorgeous! I love the pumpkins, but have to admit that I also love the bright green hedge apples. {wishing we had those here in California where I live!} Thank you for the inspiration, friend, xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would say you have your fall on Shenita. You have added lots of beautiful touches to your decor. Love the blue and white pieces on your table and the ones on the silver tray. The floral arrangement your bestie took is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your fall with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning arrangements to display fall .
    loved the table glamour most

    ReplyDelete