Thursday, August 11, 2016

~New Use for Candle Jar DIY~

Happy Thursday, everyone! The weekend is almost here!

Today, I’m spending some time cleaning and reorganizing my vanity; and one of those little light bulbs went off in my head.
Do you upcycle your candle jars? I’ve seen several tutorials for upcycling Bath and Body Works candle jars. These jars provide great vanity storage for cotton balls, cotton swabs and more. However, I thought I would add a little pizazz to mine.



First, I placed the jar in the freezer for a few hours to harden the remaining wax. Once hardened, tap the wax with a butter knife. It should crack; and the pieces will pop out easily. (Be sure to save your remaining wax for use in your warmers. It’s great for that!)
Allow the jar to return to room temperature, and wash out any remaining residue in hot, soapy water and wipe dry.

Now, fill the jar with whatever you desire.



Now, comes the fun part! Add your personal touch by adhering an accent of your choice to the lid. I decided to use vintage brooches from one of my local thrift stores.
You can pick these up for next to nothing. Just remove the pin from the back and glue the brooch to the jar lid. My favorite adhesive for jobs like this is E6000.  (Unlike hot glue, this stuff dries like cement!) Allow the adhesive to dry overnight.


The next day, you will have a beautiful new vanity storage jar!


How cool is that?

Well, that’s it for today. Hope you’re having an awesome week!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

SaveSave

20 comments:

  1. Looks great! I repurpose many of ours. I have one on my vanity that had a pretty toile pattern on it. I use it to hold my makeup brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're beautiful! Great repurposing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Shenita! Oh, honey, you're the most clever one! I love this idea. I've always meant to save my candle jars but some how they always get tossed into the trash! Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shenita, that is a great idea and bling is always appropriate! I spy Jo Malone, the only fragrance I can wear, I couldn't make out which one you have, but I love them all! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool!!!....I think I have one of those candles with the lid!....off to find it and see what I can come up with!....Bling...a good thing! You are the Queen of Bling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How "cool" is that!! What a smart idea :-) I never thought to remove the wax through a freeze method. I always scraped it out and then cleaned it up- so messy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea and oh so pretty. It would be a lovely gift as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Shenita!! You are so smart. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years and I'm always trying to think of something to do with those pretty containers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea. There are openly of candles jar or regular jars, you can decorate. Thrifty and so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shenita, what a beautiful idea! I love this, I'm sure I have some of those glass jars somewhere....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shenita,
    Amazing transformation!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and what a clever idea to simply add bling to turn a candle jar into an elegant container.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shenita, what a cool idea - isn't everything prettier when we add a little jewelry to it? I say YES!! Well done!
    Catherine (newest follower of your blogging adventures!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shenita, this is just brilliant! You're so smart to repurpose those jars, but adding the brooch to the top? Now THAT'S really smart!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great upcycle! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's bash. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/08/make-pretty-monday-week-189.html Have a happy week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a good idea. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shenita, I just found your blog and I'm now a newbie subscribed and ready to receive your treats in my inbox. I love this idea of re-purposing these beautiful jars. Just to think I've been throwing mine away. No more, thanks to you. These are so gorge. Thanks for sharing! BTW when I read you live in my area, I screamed. Let's do lunch, tea, wine...

    ReplyDelete