Monday, July 18, 2016

~Louisiana Memories~

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

While here, in Louisiana, I love to drive around to look at my favorite old houses, to see how they have evolved over the years. I shared this one on my instagram last week, as my all-time favorite, since childhood. 


I have always loved the setting of this home, with its stately columns and large wraparound porches.
The huge crepe myrtles are in full bloom; and everything is so lush and green.
This was just a quick snap with my iPhone; so, it's not the best quality. (I felt like such a stalker!)

I really like this home, also. It's the Lewis House, which is now a Victorian Bed and Breakfast.


The 2005 Southern Living Idea House was also located here...


This building is City Hall. It also houses the Civic Center, in the back, where Dear Hubby and I got married 26 years ago, in front of 300 of our closest friends and family...lol! We also had our reception here. It has not changed a bit.


I am really enjoying my time here. Last week, I introduced you to daughter #2, as she celebrated her 22nd birthday. This week, it's all about Daughter #1.


This will be a busy week of packing, as she prepares to make her move back home. She is leaving her current job as a Critical Care registered nurse, to begin her dream job in ICU.  I shared with you, in a previous post, the purchases we've already made for her new place.

The rug...


The ottoman...


The counter stools...


And some of her accessories...


Since that time, her living room furniture has been delivered. We just need to swap out the pillows, that came with the sofa, for something more chic...with fluff, bling and pops of color.





I also located her coffee/end tables, to be picked up next week. They are octagonal in shape, but the bases are similar in design to this...


We are also looking at some canvas artwork to incorporate. She really liked these...


I'm also envisioning some pops of orange...


So, we are full steam ahead now. I hope to have more to share with you soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I may not be posting for the next few days; but, I will be popping in to see what you're sharing!

Wishing you a great day!!



SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

19 comments:

  1. Wait, Ruston?! Did you go to LA Tech too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so beautiful! It's so rewarding as a parent to see them fulfilling their God-given purpose, isn't it? Congrats to them both as they pursue their dreams!
    PS Love #1's place! It's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her place is going to be so beautiful! How fun to get to help put it together.
    I too have always loved the big plantation homes with the massive columns! So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are gorgeous! I love those houses too! There's just something about those southern homes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are tempting us with those beautiful sneaky peeky pics of your daughter's new place....I know Louisiana has a very special place in your heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I know the stately home is in Ruston, I recognize it. I was born in Ruston but never lived there; however, as my parents were from Dubach and Bernice, I am very familiar with it. It is still a beautiful town. Enjoy your time there. By the way, a dear friend of mine owns Pearlie Sue, a new little dress shop there. Check it out and tell LeeAnn I sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shenita,
    I, too, love the huge Victorian Homes, dear friend!
    "Mr. Ed" & I frequent a B&B in Atchison, Kansas that once housed the Governor of Kansas!
    Congratulations to your daughter #1 on her new adventure in ICU!
    The furniture and accessories are gorgeous!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shenita! What lovely homes! It would be hard for me to choose one. Your daughter is so beautiful and I wish her the best. Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shenita, love the homes you shared! We visited Oak Alley last year and we loved it! Your daughters are gorgeous and can't wait to see the finished apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely homes you've shared, Shenita! I'd love to stay in that B & B! Your daughters are both so beautiful. How fun to help your daughter fix up her new place!
    Thanks for your visit to my post on the Thistlewood Farms Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That first home is unreal. Your daughter stole t he show, she's beautiful. Love her place and it is decked out.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun to return to your home town area. Those are some great homes! Have fun with your daughter and getting her settled in. Big kudos to your daughter- I'm so impressed with people that can work with the scritical care needs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never been to Louisiana but it looks so pretty! Your daughter is just beautiful!! Sounds like she is very smart and has made good choices with her life. I know you must be so proud of her. I can't believe how young she is to already have that for a career! Her home is so gorgeous too. I'm sure y'all are having a lot of fun fixing it up. I like the idea of adding some orange with the grey and white.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first house is lovely and your daughter is so sweet! Happy Sunday ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm enjoying seeing your favorite houses and your memories. I always like houses with stately columns. Your daughter is beautiful and I know how proud you must be of her accomplishments. Love seeing how her apartment is evolving. Keep us posted with updates.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, not sure why your posts haven't shown up in my feed for awhile. Trying to catch up. Your girls are gorgeous!! And, how exciting for you oldest to be following her dream. Our baby girl will be moving back home in December for her externship, and we can't wait. Big sis is 30 minutes away. Nice having them close by.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your daughters are gorgeous! Love seeing the stately houses and city hall. Kudos to both of your daughter and you for raising fine young women. Love the accessories for her new pad. I see Zgallerie is providing lots of great decor.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have always loved the charm that was put into homes in the South. That's why I miss it so much! I am developing a serious crush on the furniture and accessories being chosen for your lovely daughters home. That rug and those tables are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the homes, oh! Shenita, they are dreamy. What fun it is to help make your daughter's home a haven for her. I love doing that with my own daughter too. God is good. Xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete