Thursday, July 14, 2016

~Celebrating In Louisiana~

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Hope you're keeping cool in this hot, humid weather!



Yesterday, I decided to hop across the state line, to visit daughter #2, for her 22nd birthday. We've never spent a birthday apart; and I was not about to start now!


We had a blast eating our way around town! Who could resist these?


We got them while they were HOT!


No trip home is complete without a stop at Southern Maid Donuts!
However, dinner really threw our healthy eating out of the window!


We enjoyed these delicious seafood platters at Walk-On's Bistreaux and Bar. The huge shrimp were so fresh; and the jalapeƱo hush puppies were awesome. The waffle fries and sweet tea were just the icing on the cake! Of course, everything was fried! Lol!

Obviously, we can't eat like this everyday. So, today it was back to salads.

By the way, if you are active on Instagram, feel free to follow my new page there, as well!
That's where I'm spending lots of time these days!

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you're having a great day!








SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to daughter #2. I know she was excited to spend with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Family, food, and a reason to celebrate - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like lots of fun!! She is gorgeous, and I'm sure she gets it from her mom:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter Shenita!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Daughter #2!!!! I can tell y'all had a great time because your pics are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful daughter just like her beautiful mother! And, I know exactly where you were yesterday. Happy Birthday to her and what a great idea to celebrate in my fair city.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful! So glad you didn't miss the birthday! What fabulous food! I would throw my healthy eating out the door too! It is breakfast and I am ready for shrimp and hush puppies! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday to your beautiful daughter ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful, she takes after her Mom!!! Looks like a fun, FILLING day! I'm so glad you had such a good day together. I LOVE spending time with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You daughter is gorgeous!! Did you notice the Krispy Kreme bread pudding on Walk-On's dessert menu???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shenita, your daughter is beautiful and Happy Birthday to her! Looks like you all had a fun day! Blessings, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun times, Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter. ENJOY!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shenita,
    Oh, my goodness. . .those donuts look divinely delicious, dear friend!
    So~o`o glad you took the time to be with your daughter to celebrate her birthday!
    She's a beautiful young woman!
    Savor all the precious moments that life brings!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks fattening and wonderful! I'm glad you had such a special time with your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your daughter is beautiful. What a way to celebrate. That yummy food must have been heavenly. Sometimes, we need to splurge....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. You simply can't diet when you go to Louisiana! Happy birthday to your daughter!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had a great time with your sweet daughter..Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oops! I see I got the ages of your daughters mixed up. I thought the 22 year old was the nurse. Both of your daughters are gorgeous. They could model! Happy birthday to your youngest daughter. I'm wishing I could reach inside the computer and grab one of those donuts. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great way to celebrate! Looks like she had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete