Friday, June 10, 2016

~Starting Anew~

Wow, it's so hard to believe that it's been a year since my last post! I have enjoyed some much needed time away from the blog; and things have been very hectic over the past year. Our oldest daughter graduated from college in August, and has been working as a Critical Care Nurse in Louisiana. Our youngest daughter will be graduating in December, and will also be working as a Registered Nurse. I think her specialization of choice will be Med Surg.

Happily, Daughter #1 is preparing to move back to Texas, next month, to begin her dream job in ICU! I have been given free reign to decorate her new place for her; and she has a very keen sense of style that's all her own. We have been busy shopping for things for her new apartment; and it is so exciting to see her purchasing furniture and accessories, WITH HER OWN MONEY...lol!!!! Her new place will be very "Glam and Chic".

Here are a few photos of the decorated, one bedroom model that she snapped with her iPhone. She will have the same floorplan and amenities.

The living area...


The kitchen...




The kitchen is very spacious with lots of storage, a large island, granite countertops, wood floors and stainless steel appliances. My daughter loves to cook and entertain, so this is perfect for her!

The bedroom...


She has already purchased a tufted headboard; so, I can definitely see the possibilities with this room.

Another view of the bedroom and walk-in closet...




Looking into the bathroom from the bedroom...


Love the wood floors throughout and granite countertops... 


These luxury apartments are brand new with standard amenities, such as, wood floors, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, contemporary lighting and full-sized washer and dryer connections. I think my daughter will be quite happy here!


I hope you'll follow along as we furnish and decorate her new place!


Thanks so much to all of you who have emailed to check on me!!
I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Have a great day!!!

Linking to:
The Boondocks: Sweet Inspiration Party
The Dedicated House-Anything Blue Friday
Chic On A Shoestring Decorating
Imparting Grace-Grace At Home
Thoughts of Home On Thursday



SaveSave

25 comments:

  1. You have had a busy year but what joy! It is wonderful to know your daughters have great jobs and are happy. To serve humanity as nurses is a high calling and much appreciated!
    The apartment you showcased today is indeed lovely throughout. What excellent taste! I know it has been fun decorating and enjoying time together.
    I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see a post from you Shenita...that apt is gorgeous and for a one bedroom apt, the kitchen is so large!...I am sure she will be happy in such a beautiful apartment and with her mom helping her decorate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful place to live...a far cry from my first place..:)
    So glad to have you back....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!! Your daughter's apartment is wonderful. It's so sleek and up to date. I know she's probably thrilled with it. Congratulations to both daughters on their jobs. :)

    I'm trying to remember...do you live in the DFW area?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you must be so thrilled to have your daughter back "home" Shenita! Seems we both took a much needed break. I have been in and out since January with getting our house ready to sell and house hunting. Does not leave much time for anything else other than family. Looking forward to having you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! She has great taste! She probably get that from her Mother....lol Love the headboard and her coffee table.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're back and happy to hear the good news about your daughters. I know you will have a great time working on the new apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delight when I saw your new post pop up in my email, welcome back. You most certainly have been a busy girl. How wonderful for you to see both your girls ready to go start their own lives. Congratulations to both! I know you enjoy decorating and getting the apt. ready, and one daughter in TX. You've been missed……….

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful apartment! I know you will enjoy having your daughter close. Thank you for so faithfully joining us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. You are a treasured blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shenita yuppiii !! I have missed you and I was so happy to see you were roaming around my blog.
    Your daughter's have been very accomplished. Congrats to them and to you both, her parents.
    The apartment looks gorgeous, she did a wonderful job and indeed she's got great taste, inherited from her mama.
    Take care and hope you don't take a YEAR away from us.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always good to see a post from you. Congratulations on how well both of your girls are doing. This luxury apartment looks wonderful. What a great place to live and entertain. How fun to be helping her decorate and set up in her new place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're back! You've had lots of exciting goings on in your life and it's always thrilling when our children flourish. Can't wait to see how your daughter's new place turns out. I know it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back Shenita. I hope you enjoyed your time away. I have missed you impeccable style. How exciting for you and your family. Lovely professions for Mother and daughter.
    Congrats! The makeover will be fabulous! I am also making over our guest bedroom in a glam style. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes welcome back to us bloggers !!!

    Congratulations on your daughters starting their lives out away from home.
    It's so fun to decorate a new place

    I'm glad your back among us

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shenita,
    Welcome back, dear friend!
    YES! I know it's been a year without you!
    You've been sorely missed!
    What an amazing way to begin with decorating your daughter's apartment!
    Thanks for stopping by with your sweet comments recently!
    Looking forward to our regular visits!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Shenita, glad to see you posting again. The break must have given you new energy because your daughter's apartment looks fabulous and perfect for a young woman. You did a great job on the transformation

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to have you back, can't wait to see what we have in store from you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous pad that is. How fun you get to decorate it too! Your daughter will love I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Welcome back, Shenita! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shenita, what a beautiful and spacious apartment. And you get to decorate it with someone elses money. A dream situation for sure. I am hosting a new link party and would love to have you join us. It is called Sweet Inspiration and open Fridays at 10am est and runs till Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness, I'd love to live there too! Everything is new and so pretty. And how lovely that you can decorate it for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just found your blog and I love it! And you must be so proud of your daughters! The apartment is beautiful and I like the way she picked out what she wanted, planned the shopping trip and bought at such great prices.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great apartment! I'm sure she is loving it! I love all of the pops of blue. Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's blue soiree. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/09/anything-blue-friday-week-114.html Happy weekend to you! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete