Monday, June 27, 2016

~ A Light Tuscan Setting~

Happy Sunday, everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend! One of the things that we look forward to is Sunday dinner in the dining room. Previously, it was the one room that was seldom used...aside from holidays and other special occasions.  However, it is light and bright; and a welcome change from the breakfast area. Since the lighting was especially nice today, I decided to take a few pics, as I prepared for dinner.


Come on in and join us!


Since Italian food is on the menu today, I decided to go with a light, Tuscan feel, using items that I already had. Instead of the heavily embellished Italian dinnerware in my stash, I decided to go with something in basic white. This pattern is called, "Wedding Band" by Mikasa. It is layered on wicker chargers from Cost Plus World Market. This feels a bit lighter for Summer. Each place setting was embellished with fresh rosemary from the garden.


I also brought in a finial from one of the tables outside.
It is the symbol for "Welcome".


The centerpiece is a bowl of green hydrangeas...


The gold Tuscan vase will hold the breadsticks...


 The wine bar is ready for the selection of the day...


Fresh tomatoes from the garden are ready to be sliced...


Everything is set and ready to go!


Hope you're having a great day!


SaveSave
SaveSave

25 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Shenita. Sure are glad you're back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so inviting, Shenita! I'm ready to have a seat! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and inviting! Love the touches of Rosemary! Bet it smells divine! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Shenita...love all of your Tuscan touches. Wishing you a wonderful Sunday evening!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similar finial in our dining room, but I didn't know it means "welcome." I have already learned something new today :) Your room looks perfect for a delicious Italian dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always Shenita

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done Shenita! Love the warm Tuscan colors. Sounds like you had a great Sunday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty table setting! I love the white plates on the wicker chargers. Hope your meal was good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful tablescape, Shenits. Thanks for sharing...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shenita, love the setting...I can smell the rosemary! An Italian meal is always welcomed at my house! Thanks for sharing your lovely dining table! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the table setting so beautiful thanks for sharing have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  13. as always, your table is stunning...everything looks so pretty.
    I bought all my pots and paint today to make my little birdbath...will start painting them in the morning...too hot out there right now..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always loved the Tuscan look and you've done it beautifully.

    Thank you for your kind wishes to me today on my blog....very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table setting looks so beautiful! I love the sprigs of rosemary you added...very pretty!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy to see you back! Your Tuscan table is beautiful! The rosemary is a great addition and it muust smell beautiful! Let's eat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've missed seeing your gorgeous tablescapes ... this is fabulous! I love the natural elements you added, too! Save me a seat, please!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Tuscan tablescape. Love your Tuscan flair! Natural elements are always a good way to bring in some natural accents. We have tons of Rosemary around here. I hope you share at our link party Shenita. It is live now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Shenita, thank you for your sweet comment. You and I both have a love for color and Tuscan design. I just posted a new tablescape just now. Thank you for sharing your beautiful Tuscan tablescape at DI&DI. Loving having you back!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sherita this table is fabulous! I love the wicker chargers paired with the elegant china and the green goblets are just the icing on top. Amazing table!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning tablescape! If blogger had a "standing ovation" button you would definitely be getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's just beautiful! You really know how to set a lovely table and you really ate here? Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shenita,
    Ah~h~h. . .perfect Tuscan Tablescaping, dear friend!
    Pour the wine and let's dine!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just beautiful Shenita...you certainly have that special touch. I am with Pat...lets wine and dine at your stunning table!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Shenita...and jealous over our tomatoes from your garden!

    ReplyDelete