Wednesday, June 22, 2016

~Deals, Steals and Thrills~


Happy Wednesday, everyone! Yesterday was the day for deals, steals, and thrills! A couple of posts back, I shared that my oldest daughter is moving back to the area; and I will be helping her decorate her new place. She has been here for the past couple of days; and we have been shopping for accessories for her new apartment. Her design style is very similar to this...contemporary and glam. This photo was taken at ZGallerie.



Our first stop was I.O. Metro Outlet. (It is now called, Erdos At Home.) We were in search of counter stools and accent tables. These were the first stools that we saw...



A couple of stores down, we saw this one...


We also saw one table that would fit into our design plan...



Our next stop was Hobby Lobby. We are planning to use a mix of metals; and Hobby Lobby has most of their accessories on sale this week. We knew that they had quite a selection of gold items. We came away with a couple of good deals.
First, my daughter bought this lamp @ 50% off. The regular price was $89.99; but, at 50% off, it was $45. The finial was on the clearance rack for $8.00.


However, our true steal of the day, also found at Hobby Lobby, was this decorative sphere. My daughter saw one almost identical to this at our favorite store, ZGallerie. It retails for $29.95.  We found this one randomly in the store, without a tag, and inquired about the price.  An associate informed us that it came from the clearance section (where everything was 80% off). She said it was originally about $15.99. She took it to the back and put a clearance sticker on it. She marked it down to $3.39!!!! SOLD!!!!!



Our next stop was at another favorite, HomeGoods. My daughter loves this coffee table vignette at ZGallerie, with the cluster of gold and white accents. 


While accessories at ZGallerie can be a bit pricey, when you are shopping for multiple items, HomeGoods had everything that we needed, at a fraction of the cost.
These six items ranged in price from about $7.00 to $14.99.


She also found this tray at HomeGoods...


We loved the black mirrored inset...


Our final stop was at our favorite store...ZGallerie. If you are looking for modern, glam inspiration, this is the place!!


Of course, we came home with a couple of these pillows!


My daughter also loves the big, white floral stems. I think we're going back for more...



This mirrored console is on the "maybe" list...


As well as this bar cart...


We were also admiring this tray...


Her final purchase was the "White Branch Tree In A Pot". This will be her statement piece on the large kitchen island.

 

The branches are set in a box of white stones...


We'll be mixing in some white accent pieces; so, this will be perfect.



We are still in the market for the right coffee table and end tables...and a washer and dryer. The seating has already been purchased for the living room, along with a large area rug. We also have the bedroom furniture. So, we are making great progress!

I hope you'll continue to follow us on this journey, as we get closer to the finish line!

Thanks so much for stopping by; and have a great day!

Linking to:
The Charm of Home-Home Sweet Home
Imparting Grace-Grace At Home

SaveSave

15 comments:

  1. Shenita
    I love everything you and your daughter have chosen for her new place! It's sophisticated and chic and so perfect for a young woman striking out on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping for accessories is the most fun part of decorating! I know that you two are having a blast! I'm loving following along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to have your daughter close to home. Mine is in North Carolina and I miss her like crazy. Love all the decor you've shared. I've been on the hunt for counter stools and the first picture is "exactly" what I'm looking for. Fingers crossed I'll be able to find them in my area. Thanks for all your visits. fondly ~ Lynne ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you found some deals! Smart Mom and Daughter to imitate the Z Gallery look without buying everything at full retail price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shenita! Oh, I've missed you! I love all of these wonderful things! I do believe your daughter has her mommy's taste! Just lovely. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you are having so much fun!! Her style is a little different from yours so I'm sure it's fun to do something different for awhile. Hearing about times like this makes me wish I had a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! I like your choices and ideas. You can't beat Hobby Lobby on some of their clearance and discounts! You must be so happy that she's moved back close to home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had so much fun shopping for your daughter's new home! It's as if we were right there too! How exciting! Love everything you selected - great finds - and some are so inspiring, like the large white flowers and the white branches, to make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finds...great buys....her apt is going to be so gorgeous!!!...Can't wait to see those things in her apt!...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shenita, I love your daughter's style and how much fun that you are sure to be having helping her with her apartment! Great deals that you found! Hope you will share when it is completed! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  11. How much fun is it to shop with a daughter! I have all boys. :) I love mixing metals and had no clue is was glam. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

    Paam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shenita,
    I love all the new finds, y'all have style!! I would like those pieces for myself. I bet you are thrilled to have you're daughter moving back to the area, how exciting! There is nothing moire fun that shopping with a daughter...one of my favorite things to do. :)

    XOXO ~
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at shopping, deals, clearance and decorating. Welcome back to the blogging world, dear friend! Furnishing a new home for ourselves is fun, but when our kids ask for decorating advice AND invite us into their homes from furnishings to finds, it's a stylish and beautiful thing. How fortunate y'all are to have home decor outlets and HomeGoods in your area. Decorating with accents and accessories in classic gold tones always make a style statement, and you decoristas hit a home run with the gorgeous throw pillows. Looking forward to the viewing the finished result and excited to see "White Branch Tree In A Pot" focal point in all its glory. It's so nice to have you back, and thank you so much for the lovely comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shenita,
    WoW!
    You ladies got a lot of "bling" for your "buck$", dear friend!
    I adore the Classic Cosmopolitan Design Style of your daughter's new home!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how fun! I love doing that with my daughters too. You did really well and I can wait to see the final result, Shenita. Good luck!...Christine

    ReplyDelete