Thursday, September 25, 2014

~Thanks, Charleston, I Had A Blast!~

Well, Dear Hubby and I have just returned from an awesome trip to Charleston, to celebrate my birthday! Charleston is my all-time favorite city; and this trip did not disappoint. The weather was warm; but, not too hot. Perfect for walking around and snapping great pics! Our hotel was in the heart of the historic district; so, everything was very accessible! Today, I am sharing just a few of the photos that I took while strolling thru the historic district...










I also took several of the mansions along The Battery, on the waterfront...








The courtyards were beautiful, as well. 



I haven't had a chance to go through all of those photos, yet. Hopefully, I'll have those available to share soon.

Finally, in my last post, I shared my obsession with paper guest towels, for the powder bath. I found these in downtown Charleston, in a cute little boutique called, "C'est La Vie", and HAD to get them!



I loved the crowns and the VIP logo; but, it you look closely at the background, you can see a rendering of one of the single homes in the historic district, complete with wrought iron railings and window boxes. I thought these were really cute!

Well, that's it for today! I am prepping for weekend houseguests; but, I wanted to share a few of the sights from this past weekend.
Hope you're having a great day!
Thanks so much for stopping by!


18 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! I'd love to go there. I'm glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous homes! I've always wanted to go to Charleston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just replied to your comment over at "my place" but wanted to give you a Happy Birthday trips to Charleston are the best reply here at home. The homes, landscapes, architectural elements and fountain- all so beautifully characteristic of the allure and splendor of the history and sights offered in so many of our Southern towns. The guest towels are a great find and the color is a fall favorite. Lovely sights and a lovely birthday gift indeed! So glad to read you all had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday Wishes! What a nice vacation spot to go to. Love the pictures- that one with the covered porch and all the arches is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos! Charleston is a place I've always wanted to visit. Lucky you! Happy Birthday, Shenita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time! Happy Birthday! Charleston really is beautiful, isn't it? My husband's sister and her husband have a house there (in the historic district) and I'm so jealous lol. Thanks for sharing the pretty pics.
    xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great birthday weekend! I love Charleston too. The color in your pictures is so brilliant they could be postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous place, we love to visit Charleston! Great pics and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to visit, it looks AMAZING! Girl, your photography is off the charts GORGEOUS!!! The symmetry, dimension, colors, and framing, well, it's SUPERB!!! You have talent!! :) THX for sharing! XO, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking us with you! I love the architecture of Charleston. It is so Charleston, is it not? And what pretty napkins. So glad you found something to keep and use that will be a reminder of this special trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy Birthday Shenita!! So glad you had a great time in Charleston your photos are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like such a gorgeous place! On my list of places to visit. I love the hand towels for the bath. I am always looking for fancy hand towels for the bath. They just complete the décor! Hope you had a wonderful time:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Shenita!!! OMGosh what a fabulous place to spend your special day! I love the beautiful architecture and you catured it so perfectly. The shot of the wood doors through the iron fence with the checked tile floor I also took when we were there for just a day in 2012. I could have easily spent a week milling around and enoying all the beauty and history. Thank you so much for sharing!! Have a wonderful weekend!!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you guys had a good time! Charleston is one of those great American cities on my Bucket List, and you just reminded me why!!! Man, that's pretty!!!! All those intricate wrought iron gates!!! All the manicured greenery! And those majestic homes stacked high like layer cakes!!!!!!!! Just beautiful!!!!!!

    Have fun with your weekend guests!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charleston is one of my very favorite places...glad you had a great time...loved the photos!!..and your napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shenita, you really have beautiful photos and I'm wanting to return to Charleston more than ever. Thanks for the inspiration to return soon.

    ReplyDelete