Wednesday, September 3, 2014

~It's A European Harvest~

One of the great things about decorating for Fall is being able to enhance the decor on the fireplace mantel. The accents of autumn provide beautiful color and texture. I've been envisioning a mantel reminiscent of a lush, European harvest.


In my last post, I brought in lanterns and green photinia clippings from the courtyard. The greenery just required the addition of some fall accents. As it continues to dry, it will develop some beautiful reddish, brown leaves.


I simply added a few sunflowers, artichokes, fall leaves and pumpkins. 



I love adding white pumpkins to soften things a bit...



I also added a few pumpkins and photinia clippings to the hearth,




A fall swag enhances the iron embellishment, above the metal container, filled with Fall accents...




And that's the Fall mantel for 2014...



 I'm in the process of setting up a few vignettes around the house; and I hope to share those soon.
Hope you're enjoying a little taste of Fall where you are!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Decorating!

Linking to:
Worthing Court-The Scoop
My 1929 Charmer-Sunday's Best
Life On Lakeshore Drive-A Bouquet of Talent
It's Overflowing-Share Your Creativity
The Journey Back-Welcome Fall Linky Party 
Three Mango Seeds-It's Party Time
One More Time-Share It One More Time
My Romantic Home-Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage-Feathered Nest Friday
The Charm of Home-Home Sweet Home
Imparting Grace-Grace At Home
From My Front Porch To Yours-Treasure Hunt Thursday
Ivy and Elephants-What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters-Centerpiece Wednesday
DIY by Design-Sizzle Into Summer
Savvy Southern Style-Wow Us Wednesday
House On The Way-Twirl and Take a Bow
Not Just A Housewife-September Linky Party
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home-Amaze Me Monday
The Dedicated House-Make It Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life-Inspire Me Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home-Tuesdays At Our Home

33 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. I LOVE Fall and cannot wait for cooler temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say gorgeous but Ron beat me to it! You mantel is amazing. Love the lanterns on the ends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty, Shenita! You always do such a magnificent job with your mantle. Looking forward to Fall and specially cooler weather. :) Big hug! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Shenita!!! The colors of Fall are YOUR colors for sure! You always do a great job. I started yesterday and am going to do outside tonight, if it cools off some:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful mantle! All of your elements work together so well! The only taste of fall I'm enjoying is in the blogosphere! It is about 100 degrees here today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Shenita! I'm getting inspired to start my fall decorating with everyone starting already. Heck I might as well since I've seen some leaves already turning! I've picked up some white fall accents this year. It seems to be "in". I think I drag my feet on fall because the next step is winter and we r e a l l y don't want to rush that!! Can't wait to see your other fall deco.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel is just beautiful, Shenita! I think you definitely captured the look of a European harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shenita, your mantle is gorgeous. I always look forward to seeing it every year. I love the paint finish against the pop of fall color, amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have the prettiest mantel ... you are inspiring me to work on mine soon... Always love your gorgeous arrangements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shenita,
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!
    I adore the use of 'real' natural elements worked within your mantle decor!
    The vivid hues are stunning with the iron!!!
    I'll be watching for more amazing Autumnal vignettes, dear friend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. I can't wait for fall. You've inspired me. I've got to get on it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the Fall and can't wait to start adding some touches around the house! Your mantel looks beautiful Shenita!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Fall decor, Shenita. I just love all those warm colors....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous colour against the black of the lanterns and the metal wall piece! So rich and vibrant just the way I love to see in fall décor. Great job!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shenita your mantel looks simply stunning! Love all of your warm earth tones and the black iron you used to accent the entire vignette. And yes white pumpkins are a beautiful way to soften things up!
    Have a wonderful day!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  16. The first thing I said was, OMG, this gorgeous. Shenita you always capture things so beautifully!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful design. I think many of us are thinking about decorating for Fall. The Fall colors are just gorgeous. Love how you added the white pumpkins and the lanterns. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The mantle is lovely! I also like your fireplace screen.
    simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! All those fall colors just make me feel so cozy :) The fireplace screen is gorgeous! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful job Shenita! I love the warm cozy feel above your fireplace, makes you just want to sit and enjoy your room!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shenita, you definitely obtained your goal of a lush European harvest on the mantel. It looks beautiful. I especially like the addition of the swag on your metal piece. I love the height it brings to the arrangement. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, you are just too with it! I adore your lush harvest! I agree with the white pumpkins, they are just softer and classier. Everything looks wonderful! Now I feel so behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shenita, I really love your fireplace and mantel. It looks lovely and so ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything looks so beautiful...I've always so loved your mantel and fireplace. You do amazing things with it.
    Fall is being felt here in the early mornings...but 90 degree temps make fall seem very far away. Today is rainy and cloudy, my favorite weather, and it's LIKE fall here today. I have tea brewing and Orange Cranberry Scones in the oven...O, MY ! :)
    Best of luck on the candle...:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a beautiful mantel. I love all the naturals and the bright colors of fall you have used. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful Fall décor, Shenita!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful mantle Shenita, I love all the gorgeous colors. The lanterns sure add a special touch. You will enjoy this for weeks, now would you consider coming and decorating my mantle. I could never put this together!
    Happy September

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty Shenita, love all the bright, warm colors of fall! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh your mantle is so pretty. A beautiful fall theme. I just love it. Thanks so much for joining me and sharing your lovely decorations! Please come by all month long. Old or new posts anything goes!
    Have a beautiful week.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  30. Elegant, warm and pretty Fall mantel my friend. I love how you have decorated it with the lantern, which makes such statement to the lovely vignette. I will be in the lookout for one, it's difficult to find them around here. Have a wonderful week my friend.
    I hope your DD is all settled now.

    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's so beautiful Shenita . It's hard to imagine our warm Texas temp outside looking at it. Can't wait to decorate for fall. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete