Monday, June 9, 2014

~The Fifi O'Neill Photoshoot Has Happened!!~

Happy Sunday, everyone!! Hope you've had a great weekend! I've been keeping a little secret; and I am so excited to finally be able to share it with you! 


via

Author, Editor, and "Stylist Extraordinaire", Fifi O'Neill
was here to shoot our home yesterday!!


Check out her blog..."Chez Fifi"

You may be familiar with Fifi's publications and books such as 
French Country Style Magazine...

Dream Come True

(The latest publication features Kim's lovely home, of Savvy Southern Style, on the cover.)

Romantic Prairie Style...





and Romantic Country Magazine...

RC SPRING 2014 COVER

The week that I got the notification from Fifi, her crew had just wrapped a shoot with my sweet friend, Shirley of Housepitality Designs...

DSC_1705

 Imagine my surprise when I got word that Fifi wanted to come here...
WITHIN A MONTH...
to shoot our home! 
Here?! 
Really?! 
"But, my style is more of a 'gumbo'...lol!
"I'm not sure it's what she's looking for." 

Well, as it turns out, Fifi was shooting for a new publication, due out this fall! So, I guess, 'gumbo' filled the bill.

On Friday morning, I knew it was real when this box arrived, via FedEx, at my front door...



It contained FiFi's signature flowers, ready for the shoot on Saturday...



As requested, I removed them from the box and placed them in buckets and vases. The house smelled amazing!

Fifi arrived at 9:30 a.m. Saturday morning, in all of her "Frenchy fabulousness", carrying bags of fruit for props... 



accompanied by her AMAZING photographer, 
the famous Mark Lohman!
Mark was assisted by his handsome son, Taylor.

(I'm intentionally blurring these photos...don't wanna reveal too much...lol!)
(Fifi and Mark reviewing shots on the computer.)

Check out Mark's GORGEOUS website here.

We toured the house; and Fifi and Mark decided where they would begin. The lighting in each room had to be just right! 


(Prepping and Tweaking...)

Mark is quite the comedian; and he and Fifi played off of each other all day! You can tell that these two have worked together for years. They can practically read each other's minds!



(Fifi, at the kitchen sink, creating her gorgeous arrangements.)


Around midday, we gathered around the kitchen table and had one of THE funniest lunches that I have ever prepared ok...catered. 
And sweet tea was a must...it's a Southern thing!
(The entire time, I was thinking to myself, "Is this for real? Is this famous duo really sitting at my kitchen table right now?!" Lol!)

Very few of my items were moved for the photos...with Fifi and Mark giving me the "ultimate compliment" of making their jobs easy! (So, we're all best buddies now, ya know? Lol!)

This dynamic duo was such a joy to work with; and made the process so easy. It was so interesting to see how they style the rooms that we see in those gorgeous magazines. They were here well into the evening hours.

Even though it is only June; I am eagerly waiting for Fall! Lol! I will let you know as soon as the publication becomes available.

I also want to give Shirley (Housepitality Designs), a very special "THANK YOU". She was such a sweetheart throughout the entire process; and we enjoyed many phone calls, emails and text messages back and forth.

Just goes to show...you never know what your blog may lead to!

Thanks so much for visiting; and have a great day!


48 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, congratulations!! You are such a talented decorator and your home absolutely should be in a magazine. I'm so happy for you. :)

    It's nice to see your pretty face too. Reminds me that we have to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! It is so great to see all of my blog friends in print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! You have a beautiful home and I bet it will make the cover of the new magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!! Congratulations. That is fantastic. Cannot wait to see it in print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Shenita! I am so very happy for you! You are so deserving of this honor. Keep us posted because I definitely want a copy of the magazine. Cheers!!!! And Congrats!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shenita, I am soooooooo happy for you! Congratulations!!! I cannot wait to see you home in print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shenita,
    Congratulations, dear friend!!!
    You home is gorgeously decorated!!!
    I'll be anxiously awaited your announcement of the publication's arrival!!!
    Thank you for sharing your "great news"with all of us!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an honor, Shenita, and congratulations! You have amazing taste and your home is beautiful! Can't wait for the publication!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Shenita! That is so awesome, and I will definitely be watching for that magazine to hit the racks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shenita, this is very exciting! Congratulations on the honor. Fifi's publications are some of my favorites. Can't wait to see the article. Thanks for sharing your news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Shenita, I'm so excited for you! How amazing it must be for your home to be chosen for a photo shoot at a national magazine of the USA! Wow!!! I'm so proud of my bloggy friends, such talent going on! CONGRATS!!!
    Thanks for bringing me here!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Shenita...I am so happy that you got to experience what we all dream about. I knew that things would go perfectly. How simply fantastic that you were able to meet and observe the fabulous Fifi in action along with her extraordinary photographer, Mark....Now, have you climbed off of Cloud Nine yet!!!...I cannot wait to see your home in print in September!!!...YAY!!!..and thanks for the ever so sweet shout out!!...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Shenita and thanks for the link to me. I can't wait to see this publication. I sure do wish I had had Fifi and Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so exciting! I can't wait to read more about it and see the final pictures. Congratulations!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Shenita!! You have been keeping a secret!! I am so excited for you I can't stand it! Wow, so happy to see something different and colorful and vibrant! My goodness, I cannot wait to see the magazine!! Congratulations to you:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So awesome, congratulations Shenita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Congratulations" hardly seems adequate in this instance, but I'll say it anyway!!! What a wonderful opportunity! See...your home rocks even more than YOU thought!!! I'm really happy for you and look forward to seeing the shoot in September!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how exciting! I can't even imagine going through the experience! I'm so happy to finally see your face! You look fab. with or without makeup! Hugs, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shenita,
    Oh my gosh, girl, I am so excited for you. You sneaky little thing, you!! ;) Congratulations!! You know I will be on pins and needles waiting for this publication to come out. Finally, finally, a Tuscan publication. I know there are a few out there, but we need MORE!! Can't wait....xo, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting!!! I can't wait to see it in print!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats my friend!! I cant wait to see your home, Im sure its stunning. You look great!!
    Shenita please call me, I don't have your #.

    Cynthia Daniels

    ReplyDelete
  22. big congratulations and a well deserved honor Shenita! looking forward to the publication in september

    ReplyDelete
  23. YAY ... sooooo very, very excited for you ... such a well-deserved feature! I know they loved your home and took your nervousness away the minute they stepped foot in your door! I can't wait to see your gorgeous home in print!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such wonderful news Shenita! Can't wait to see your lovely home in print.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations! That sounds like quite the exciting day. Looking forward to seeing the publication.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So excited for you! Congratulations! I can't wait to buy the publication. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations, Shenita! How wonderful and well deserved! I will make sure to get this magazine as soon as it comes out. Keep us posted! :) Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Shenita! This just made my day! Congratulations and I can't to see your post in September.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh how wonderful Shenita! So excited for you lady!! Your home is beautiful and cant wait to see it in print.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Shenita! How exciting! I can't wait to see the publication! I've loved keeping up with you through your blog! I'll buy the magazine the second it hits the stands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations Shenita! So, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a secret to keep and a story to share at the right time! I've got September highlighted on my day planner for the big reveal, and look forward to it for sure. “Just goes to show...you never know what your blog may lead to!” True words indeed. Congratulations on this well design and deserved feature, Shenita.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Shenita, this is so exciting! I can't wait to see the magazine and how they featured your lovely home. Yes, you do indeed clean up very nicely. Remember, I'm still waiting for our visit in Shreveport. Again, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations, Shenita! What a dream come true! It sounds like you had a great time and I've read nothing but wonderful things about Fifi and Mark on the other blogs that have hosted them. Can't wait to see your home in print! And ~ you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow Shenita. What an honor. This is got to be like a Christmas present all over gain. I am so happy for you. It is well deserved.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  36. SHENITA!! I am so happy for you! Wow, what a dream come true. There are many, many people who love Tuscan style, and for good reason. They'll be so blessed by a visit to your home! And you always have things looking so lovely. You and Shirley are definitely great recipients of this honor. I'm so glad you had a good experience, and I look forward to seeing your home in print. And I'm so glad you posted the photos of you--you're a beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  37. HOLY COW....how exciting this is. I am not one bit surprised at this great news...you have one of the prettiest houses I've seen. Just can't wait to see it all in a magazine. :)'
    Congratulations and hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  38. How fabulous Shenita

    I know your were smiling all day and should have, I just can't wait to see the un blurred pictures they took around your house

    have a glass of good southern sweet tea for me
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  39. How exciting! I had a photo shoot at my house in April, but unfortunately Fifi couldn't make it but the lovely Sunday Henderickson was the stylist. I am looking forward to seeing your home in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Shenita, OMG!!!!! What fabulous news. Congratulations! Your home is super beautiful and worthy of any magazine shoot, even Fifi"s. I can't wait to get my own personal copy. You go girl!
    Big hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello, I've occasionally followed your blog and found it always interesting and just wanted to say congratulations! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  42. How wonderful, not only to have the compliment of being chosen, but to have the opportunity to experience their professional expertise and see how things are done! I am so happy for you!! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is so exciting, and also so interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes! Let us know the minute the issue comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  44. HI Shenita!,i love your blog !, you have a new follower from Chile
    Angélica

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congratulations on your home being photographed for a magazine! That is the biggest compliment that can be paid to a designer...lucky you! Yes, I do agree that we should meet up and chit-chat about design. Please send me an email at......info@designsbytamela.com

    Can't wait to see the issue....Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Shenita, my Tuscan style decorating buddy. This is so exciting!! Your home is so lovely and definitely magazine worthy. I look forward to picking up a copy the moment it is in the store. Congratulations!
    ~Lu

    ReplyDelete