Thursday, March 20, 2014

~A Great "First Day of Spring" Thrift Find~

Happy First Day of Spring!! Hope you're enjoying the day! Today, I just wanted to share a new thrift find.



With temps in the 80's, a couple of days ago, I decided to get out and run some errands. I made a stop by one of the Salvation Army thrift stores in the area; and hoped to find some great new items. It can be 'hit or miss', when it comes to finding treasures. I didn't really see anything that I just had to have; but, as I was about to leave, this wicker picnic basket caught my eye.


I've seen several in the thrift stores; but, they are usually in horrible condition. This one was in great shape, right down to the leather straps.


 It also came with 4 mugs and 4 sets of serveware, still in the original wrappers.


I looked at the sticker; and the price was $4.00!! SOLD!!

For this post, I wanted to see what it looked like all "dressed up" for a Spring picnic. The red kitchen towel is part of a set that I purchased at Williams-Sonoma, a couple of years ago. The green olive towel was a gift from my Mother-in-law.


Dear Hubby has made me promise that we will actually use the basket for a picnic soon! I would love to spend a weekend on the Texas Hill Country Wine Trail. It is beautiful in the Spring! One of my favorite wineries is Becker Vineyards.

Their vast lavender fields are amazing in April and May! They also have a lavender shop, on the property, selling everything from soaps and lotions, to sachets and more!


Additionally, they host a great Lavender Festival each year. This year's festival will be in early May.

Needless to say, I will be more than ready to enjoy a picnic at the vineyard this year! I can't wait!



Hope you are enjoying this first day of Spring!
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

28 comments:

  1. What a lucky find...I would NEVER pass up a beautiful basket like this. It will be such fun to pack it full of goodness and have that picnic.
    Lovely lavender fields !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you spotted that at the last minute as it is such a great find!...Love it...and thanks for the feature on the winery...it has been a while since we were in Texas and I so love the Hill Country...Will have to look up the info on the winery.....I would love to see those lavender fields too!...Happy Spring Shenita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like the perfect picnic basket! That sounds like a lot of fun to do in wine country. Glad to hear that you are having nice weather. We are enjoying the sun today too, but it's the first time since early last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Spring! What a lovely find and that Vineyard is amazing! I love Lavender, so pretty. You've got an eye for finding the most amazing items. Here's to sunny spring days ahead....cheers, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Spring to you dear Shenita!
    I sure have missed you and your gorgeous home and decor, but here you are, so happy to see you! I love your wiecker basket, perfect for a spring picnic...I love it! That Vineyard is great too. I need to find more lavender for my house, it's always so fresh and pretty. Hope you have lovely weather this weekend coming.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shenita, this looks like a great location for a picnic! Your basket looks like a keeper! Remember to blog about your visit to the lavender fields. Thanks for dropping by my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lavender fields looks just like the place to use your new picnic basket, also what a good cheap find

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a deal for $4! I wish we had a good clean Salvation Army close to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a great find! The Texas Hill Country Wine trail sounds like a great idea- cheese, crackers and wine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a wonderful find, Shenita! I think the Texas Hill Country Wine Trail looks like the perfect place to use it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh a picnic in a vineyard...how divine!!! Love your new basket Shenita and what great condition it is in...you lucky gal. I can just imagine you and your hubby enjoying a relaxing afternoon sipping wine in such a beautiful setting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey if your husband wants a picnic then by all means take advantage of that! Your basket is sweet! I've always loved picnic baskets because they just have a little romance to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new basket. What a great find! Looks like you have the perfect trip planned. Beautiful vineyard!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You scored huge! I found a similar small basket at a secondhand crafts store. I am keeping and treasuring it for decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great find love the leather strap. What a gorgeous vineyard and that lavender, MY FAVORI TE!!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a great score! I always keep an eye out for a great wicker basket when I'm thrifting. They are so versatile and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know you! You're not slick! You just wanted to get on here and brag about having temps in the 80s while we here in the Midwest are still suffering and shivering through nights in the 20s and days in the 40s! :-)

    GREAT picnic basket, and I agree with your husband that you need to pack that puppy full of good eats and take off for the vineyard or just anywhere that catches your fancy! I found a similar picnic basket recently, but it didn't have the great leather embellishments like yours. Love those!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh YES>>>>> go in May while the lavender is blossoming. How gorgeous that would be. xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful and what a bargain you found. You always find the best things. I am loving our temps here in Ca. I know spring is coming alittle slow for some. Enjoy the spring and your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes! that basket was a steal! You are so right in saying that most of the time picnic baskets at thrift stores are in bad shape. Just one look at the latch on this one would have been enough for me to snatch it up! Great thrifty find! Thank you for sharing over at TTF this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Shenita, What a great plan for a picnic. Wine trails and Texas wild flowers sounds like a feast! I love how you are using the lovely basket now. That was a lucky find. Happy Spring dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh what an amazing place to visit Shenita. Those lavender fields are a dream. Love that picnic basket. Great find.
    Happy spring to you.

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a deal, Shenita! And, the perfect idea to use it on a beautiful picnic ... you've picked a gorgeous location, too. You'll have to share pics when you go!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a find, and what a great price! Your pictures are gorgeous. OOOO, I'd love to go to that Lavender Festival. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great find! I'm a sucker for pretty baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just stopping in to say hello, haven’t heard from your blog lately. Hope you are enjoying a beautiful spring...............

    Emily

    ReplyDelete