Saturday, February 8, 2014

~A Valentine's Setting For Two~

With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, and Dear Hubby out of town, I thought it would be a perfect time to try to pull together a Valentine's setting for two. 



A couple of Christmases ago, Neiman Marcus and Target partnered together; and put together an assortment of items, by several famous designers, that would be perfect for holiday gifts. I was immediately smitten with a boxed set of dessert plates by Tracy Reece. 



They were beautifully boxed in sets of four...


Instead of purchasing them in that moment, I figured I would wait and get them later. Well, as it always goes...SOLD OUT! I checked online, as well...SOLD OUT! Instead of driving all over town to look for them, I just decided it wasn't meant to be. Fast forward to Christmas. My best friend, Donna, and I got together to exchange Christmas gifts. She insisted that I open mine right away! Imagine my delight when I saw these...


Not one, but two boxed sets of Tracy Reece dessert plates! I guess after over twenty-five years of friendship, we know each other pretty well! I had never mentioned to anyone that I wanted these! So, I decided that it would be fun to set a Valentine's table for two, using one of the patterns.


I thought this color/pattern would be pretty for Valentine's Day and it layers beautifully over this creamy, textured salad plate. The creamy color has a hint of red in the embossed trim...


To compliment the Valentine's theme, I used a mix of reds and chocolates. The chocolate tablecloth and chocolate metallic taper candles mix wonderfully with the pops of red. I just added some crystal, a soup tureen, some creamy hydrangeas, and a couple of love birds. The funky starburst napkin rings are from ZGallerie...




I'll probably tinker with this setting throughout the week; but, at least, I have a starting point. I don't usually do a lot of decor for Valentine's Day; but, I like to add a 'little something' to the breakfast table.



What about you? Do you decorate for Valentine's Day?
I'd love to hear from you!!

Thanks so much for stopping by; and have a
Happy Valentine's Day!!


Linking to:
Common Ground-Be Inspired
The Thrifty Groove-Thrifty Things Friday
Imparting Grace-Grace At Home
From My Front Porch To Yours-Treasure Hunt Thursday
Ivy and Elephants-What's It Wednesday
The Style Sisters-Centerpiece Wednesday 
DIY by Design-Winter Blues Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style-Wow Us Wednesday
House on the Way-Twirl and Take a Bow
Everyday Home-The Scoop
Coastal Charm-Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life-Inspire Me Tuesday
Our Home Away From Home-Tuesdays At Our Home
The Dedicated House-Make It Pretty Monday
Under The Table and Dreaming-Sunday Showcase Party
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home-Amaze Me Monday
Three Mango Seeds-It's Party Time
It's Overflowing-Share Your Creativity
The Tablescaper-Seasonal Sundays
One More Time Events-Share It One More Time
Life on Lakeshore Drive-Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Imparting Grace-Grace At Home
The Charm of Home-Home Sweet Home
Bargain Decorating With Laurie-Valentine Par-tay

48 comments:

  1. Beautiful plates and a wonderful setting! Just the right touch for Valentine's Day! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thrilled to see you back my friend with this gorgeous table, I love it all! The plates are lovely, which come in such a pretty box too. I love that White tureen and all the other elements you chose to make such a romantic setting. Have a wonderful weekend and keep warm.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! What a great friend! I love when they know you so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous my friend!! Those plates are so colorful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shenita! So nice to see you've posted and what a lovely table! Those plates are gorgeous. Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plates are just simply beautiful, I love each of them...what pretty tablescapes can be created in so many different ways...loved the post, what a nice friend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a lucky girl, with a great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to celebrate Valentine’s Day using those gorgeous plates. A table for two is always fun to set. Love all your touches for this very romantic setting. I think your husband will be very happy when he returns.
    Happy Weekend.............

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks lovely! What a great friend- those plates are awesome! I guess she reads minds! I don't do much Valentine decorating except for a subtle bit here and there. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I love it all, absolutely everything! Gorgeous pics. Thanks for sharing. XO, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that is what good friends are for!!! Your plates are just beautiful and what a fantastic surprise for you Shenita! Love the mix of reds and browns...your table looks simply gorgeous!!!
    Have a great weekend!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is 100% insane that your friend knew you well enough to snag those for you like that!!! Now THAT'S friendship!!! Wow! I know you were just about over the moon when you opened those up! And it's even better that you are able to find uses beyond Christmas for them! The red & gold works perfectly for a Valentine's Day setting!!! Pairing them with rich, creamy chocolate furthers that V-day feel, too!

    Your hubby AND my hubby are both out of town. Believe it or not, I'm actually NOT taking advantage of the tablescaping opportunities in his absence. Nope! Not one tablescape going on in the entire house. Wanna know why? Because I'm too busy out SHOPPING for more tablescaping stuff instead!!!! :-) :-) :-)

    Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great friend and GIFT!! I love the plates too. Your setting is beautiful, and romantic!!! Hope you have a wonderful Valentines. I don't decorate for V's but will do a table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those plates are so pretty! That was the nicest surprise to receive them as a gift too! That's a good friend to have. Your table setting is very romantic. Hope ya'll have a nice meal at that pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the red in the plates, and that tureen. How great that you have a friend that knows (and treats!) you so well:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a true friend who knows your beautiful style. The dishes are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All is just beautiful! You do have a wonderful talent setting your table. Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful table!! I love your dessert plates and how wonderful your friend knows you sooo well and can surprise you that way! Your dish stack goes together perfectly, and I love your lovebirds! So sweet. Well Done!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Shenita, beautiful dishes for a beautiful lady. you always have a way of arranging and making things look so fabulous. I know you love your treasured gift. Enjoy and have a lovely Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the plates! What a sweet friend you have! Your table setting looks fabulous too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shenita,
    God bless our girlfriends, dear one...where would we be without them???
    I adore your Valentines Setting For Two!!!
    "Mr. Ed" & I exchange re~cycled Valentine's Day Cards and I fix us a nice dinner.
    This year, weather permitting, we're going to view the Movie, Winter's Tale!!!
    Happy Valentine's Day to you!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great to have you back my friend!!! I don't do Valentine decorating, so I love to see it done so well. Happy Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can just imagine that your jaw must have dropped to the ground when you opened the gift and saw the plates! They are beautiful! Happy Valentine's week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Shenita, beautiful setting! Love, love the plates. It is good to have you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shenita, how beautiful! Remember to buy with idea of returning if they won't work in your home...better to return than miss out! How wonderful that your friend knew you that well. Fun, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Shenita! What a beautiful tablescape. And I agree those plates work perfectly for Valentines. I'd use them all year long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a dear friend, They are beautiful, Enjoy . I don't really do anything for Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this table! Those dessert plates are wonderful and add so much to it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your friend is a darling and can read your mind! Glad you are using the two red salads for a special Valentine's table. Your brown accents mixed with the red and god are lovely! Have a great 14th!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Shenita..so nice to see a post from you!...Well, the table is absolutely stunning and so very romantic...and what a great friend. !!! She obviously knows you too well and you must have been ecstatic to see your gift!...the plates are just magnificent!...I am sure you will treasure those plates forever, not only for their beauty, but more so for their sentiment!...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations on your wonderful gift. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous plates! What a wonderful surprise! Your decor is lovely, as always. I usually decorate just a little for Valentine's and this year I've done about half of that very little. My sweetie had shoulder surgery and his nurse (ME) got the flu 5 days later! It's been a rough winter!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very pretty Shenita! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh how pretty this is! Those plates are beautiful, and I love the story of how you received them. I love that scrunched up, fringed table topper. It's gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining the party with such a gorgeous table. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Obviously Shenita, this friend is a kindred spirit!! What a treat to get to open those lovely plates especially when you had tried so hard to find them. The table is beautiful and I can see using those plates all of the time! Yes, we are all decorated for Valentines - especially using Valentine's chocolate boxes I have collected and saved from hubby over the years. I left my white icy banister up and added red ribbon - little 9 year old granddaughter loved it and told me I could leave it up all winter and change it to green for St. Patricks and pastel colors for Easter! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is all so very pretty and such a nice way that you came about the plates - they are gorgeous. Happy Valentine's Day.
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  37. Good friends with great taste- that's a winning combination! Sweet and thoughtful friends who go out of their way to show kindness and that they truly know us, listen to us, and share in our joy is a gift. She's a keeper! I ♥ your Valentine's Day tablescape for two. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Tracey Reese is one of my favorites! What an incredible table.

    Have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  39. These plates are so pretty and I love the table you've set! Thanks or sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the boldness and unpredictability of your plates!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your friend Donna is awesome. So glad you got your plate sets! Happy Valentine's Day, Shenita!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your table is gorgeous Shenita. I love those plates!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very pretty dishes, Shenita! I used my red and white transferware dishes from The Christmas Tree Shop for our Valentine's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the dishes Shenita and the entire table looks lovely! Tweeted :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous, Shenita, like a cozy romantic corner, just for two! Love the warm and luxurious colors, too.
    The perfect gift, a true friend always knows.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful table and what a special friend you have and giving you these beautiful plates makes your table perfect. Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love the table! Thanks so much for sharing on Twirl & Take a Bow last week!!! (Yes, I'm a little behind in my commenting!)

    - Brooke -

    ReplyDelete