Thursday, October 17, 2013

~Fall Touches in the Dining Room~

One of my favorite rooms to decorate for Fall is the dining room. The warm ambiance in this room compliments the colors of Autumn; and we love to spend time here, over dinner, with friends and family. This room has a deep sense of family, from the furnishings, to some of the accents. As you may recall, the dining room furniture belonged to my grandmother; and I replaced the original Duncan-Phyfe table, with this one, that was an awesome Craigslist find. (You can read about it here.) You can also see where my grandmother's original table ended up here. I love mixing the old pieces with new.


The table is set with topiaries for everyday decor and are easily removed for dining. I love mixing colors and patterns here. My centerpiece is a simple wood bread board that I got several months ago from Pottery Barn. I layered it with a simple votive holder, fall leaf candle ring, and a bag of mini pumpkins and gourds from Walmart, for about $2.97.


I gathered a paisley throw in the center of the table; and proceeded to build the layers. The velvet placemats were purchased at Target several years ago. (These will take me right through to Christmas.) Even though they are embellished with crystals, I layered them with rustic wicker chargers from World Market; and added simple white plates. I have had the orange leaf plates for a couple of years, from the Better Homes and Gardens collection, at Walmart. The napkins are from Kohl's. The gold goblets are another Target purchase from several years ago; and the green wine glasses are from Dollar Tree! I already had everything on this table, with the exception of the pumpkins and gourds. So, the table only cost me about $3.00 to pull together. 



The setting is very relaxed...



This little accent table sits just inside the entry to the dining room, from the foyer. The tiered bowl used to be on the kitchen island. For Fall, I have moved it here and filled it with an assortment of pumpkins, grapes and artichokes.



And those are my fall touches, so far! This room will change a few times, before the holiday season. I have a few ideas swirling in my head, to add more of a French Country feel. We tried going more neutral in the family room; but, we missed the rich colors that we love so much. So, I've just decided to embrace it and run with it!



Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you're having fun with your Fall decor!
Have a great day!

Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

The Dedicated House





Linking to:
Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Savvy Southern Style-Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants-What's It Wednesday
The Shady Porch-Rock N Share
The Style Sisters-Centerpiece Wednesday
DIY by Design-Fall Into Fall
Our Home Away From Home-Tuesdays At Our Home
Coastal Charm-Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
House On The Way-Twirl and Take A Bow
The Dedicated House-Make It Pretty Monday
Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home-Amaze Me Monday
Three Mango Seeds-It's Party Time
The Tablescaper-Seasonal Sundays
Life on Lakeshore Drive-Bouqet of Talent
The Thrifty Groove-Thrifty Things Friday
French Country Cottage-Feathered Nest Friday
The Charm of Home-Home Sweet Home
Between Naps On The Porch-Tablescape Thursday
Common Ground-Be Inspired
Imparting Grace-Grace At Home
StoneGable-Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits
From Our Front Porch To Yours-Treasure Hunt Thursday
No Minimalist Here-Open House Party



58 comments:

  1. Shenita, everything is beautiful. I love that you used the topiaries and built around them. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so warm and welcoming! I love all of the layers of texture! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Shenita as always!! Love those placemats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would feel so at home around your beautiful table. I love the tiered bowl. Everything is just so pretty and says, "We love Fall!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful Shenita...I love your dining room and the tablescape is gorgeous....great fall details and love those topiaries on the table!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful display of Fall features! You've pulled all of your special pieces together in a welcoming manner that's so inviting and lovely! You should be quite pleased with the results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Shenita!! I think I need to check PB for one of those bread boards;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most beautiful, Shenita! Your table looks gorgeous and I love your tiered thingy with the fruits! Again, you put us all to shame.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shenita, you always do such an outstanding job. I could just live in your home!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. There was no way I was leaving this page until I saw this message go through, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely Shenita. You have done a beautiful job on your table and I will look forward to seeing your holiday decor. We are having some work done in our kitchen - so I will be skipping fall and moving right into Christmas when the dust settles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shenita it is so nice to see you at the party! Your dining room looks already for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Shenita!!! I love all of your rich color...it is so identifiably you so please don't change! The fall is a time for vibrant warm colors and your tastes compliments this season to a T! Can't wait to see more of your gorgeous decorating as we move into Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    Have a great week!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. This room is so warm and inviting! All I can say is Thanksgiving should definitely be at your house this year! LOL! Absolutely gorgeous, Shenita!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous tablescape! Your dinning room looks beautiful Love your centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your tablescapes, Shenita ... you have a gift for layering and adding such beautiful elements. Anyone who pulls up a chair will feel welcome and won't want to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful table....just stunning with the layers and textures you added.

    XO,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. So so pretty! I love the topiaries!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh....it feels like Fall indeed! What a wonderful place to share a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's all very pretty, I really like your fruit two-tiered arrangement. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always do such a beautiful job with your seasonal decor Shenita. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks beautiful, love those leaf plates, the color is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Shenita! Wow what a pretty fall table. It's dressed out beautifully! I like the buffet piece with the grapes- it looks really great! The wood bread board gives you that French feel- it looks great- love the idea and of course the topiaries too! Once you love color you just can't go neutral too long can ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do think that Fall colors work so well in Country French decor. Your dining room looks so pretty! Love the added paisley throw you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your dining room looks wonderful! Fall is the perfect time to embrace the rich colours (I love them too!). I like the height that those topiaries bring to the table for an "everyday" look and when you remove them for dining, I can see that the table would still look magnificent! I used the leaf bowls from BH&G collection (Walmart) that go with the leaf plates you have in my Thanksgiving Tablescape - wishing I had got those leaf plates as well!
    DD

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love it! Everything looks so well together, I especially love all the layers! =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really beautiful...love these leaf dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Perfectly gorgeous, Shenita. The colors and textures are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everything is just beautiful Shenita! I had to feature this post on my TTG FB page today! Thank you for sharing at TTF this week! https://www.facebook.com/thethriftygroove

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your colors and your fun fall finds!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your home is so beautiful and put together
    my house I love however its a little of this and a bunch of that
    finds from resale shops auctions and yard sales LOL
    I use to get Southern Lady Magazine
    it is such a nice magazine
    I am a southern girl at heart from southern Illinois
    Savannah Georgia is my favorite vacation spot

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your dining room and the Fall table setting are so pretty. That tiered bowl look absolutely stunning, with Fall bounty spilling over the sides. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been offline for a few days due to a computer modem who decided to throw me a curveball. It is always a treat to see an email from Embellishments by SLR in my inbox! You're bringing your everything's coming up fall fabulous touch to your beautiful home once again, Shenita. Your dining room decor choices exemplify the warm and rich colors of the season. Neutral has its place in so many spaces, but true, rich and deep colors really do continue to catch the eye. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Doesn't it make our homes so special to have family pieces in the mix. Your dining room is so elegant and the Fall decor is beautiful. So pretty...
    Have a GREAT weekend!
    Blessings,
    Cindy
    (Hope you'll share at AMAZE ME MONDAY!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your room is beautiful and your table gorgeous. Love the white dishes and the leaf plate added.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a beautiful table.

    You're always welcome at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your dining room is gorgeous, Shenita! You make me want to collect bread boards. xo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your dining room is gorgeous, Shenita! You make me want to collect bread boards. xo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just beautiful, Shenita! You wouldn't even have to serve food -- the table is a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful fall decor. Your dining room looks so elegant. Very pretty..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful table - love those great leaf plates. Also, your entry way tablescape is fantastic. The arrangement in the tiered bowl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous as usual! I can totally pick out your link up with just a glance through the pics! LOL Shared via G+. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Shenita, what a wonderful Fall tablescape, it's such a beautiful room! My favorite element has to be that big bread board!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Shenita, Your dinning room is beautiful! I love how you have created such a warm feel with your Fall tablescape! You do such a wonderful job, I love it!
    ~Audra

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely as always! I love the rich fall colors, as soon as I started putting out the fall decor I was hooked! (even though it meant putting away from beach themed decor) I've been dragging myself through the past few months, but life is still very very blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Shenita, can you come decorate the table at my house? You've created such a warm, inviting space here. Anyone--family or guest--would be so proud to take a seat at your table!

    Thank you for joining the Grace at Home party! I'm featuring you this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your dining room is absolutely stunning! I'm so glad you linked up with us at Twirl and Take a Bow on Tuesday. This is just gorgeous! Hope to see you again...and another one of your beautiful projects! ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh my goodness. It's incredible how you've pull them together so well. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your dining rooms looks gorgeous, You have done an amazing job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh, Shenita! Your fall touches are just a bounty of goodness.
    You have an amazing eye for detail. Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  51. Shenita, your dining room is stunning! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  52. Beautiful as usual! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh how pretty, Shenita, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Oh my, I'm so glad I didn't miss this Shennita! To start with, your dining room is gorgeous and it's such a treat to the eye. Everything is beautiful and I am not surprised! You have a touch for the great details, and I love that. Thanks for sharing sweetie. Have a happy Halloween.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  55. Hello My Darling....you are so gifted AND so kind (thank you for stopping by & commenting on my little blog!) and I truly appreciate you!!!

    Velvet.....paisley......richly regal, autumnally gorgeous hues with tons of visually interesting layers.....this is splendid......wonderfully splendid!!!

    Love/hugs/blessings,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  56. Yes, yes, and yes again!!!!! I love it! So pretty! I'm with you on mixing a little new with well-loved items, pricey with bargain items...it's the only way to be able to effectively and attractively decorate without it looking contrived. Your dining room is very, very pretty!!!! I really like the tiered piece with the grapes and pumpkins!

    Best wishes to you and your family for a relaxing and loving Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete