Wednesday, August 7, 2013

~Let's Go To Wine Country!~

Hi Everyone!! Wow, it's so hard to believe that it has been 3 months, since my last post. Our summer has been quite the adventure! I had not planned to be away from the blog this long; but, that's just how life goes sometimes. Anyway, I wanted to do a short post to say, "Hello", and give you a hint of what I've been up to recently.

Back in the spring, I decided to notch up the wine country feel in our home, by adding a few accessories. One of the things that I purchased was this wooden pizza board from Pottery Barn. (It replaced a vintage pizza peel that I had hanging here.) I layered it on top of a Williams-Sonoma tea towel to keep it from blending into the persimmon-colored walls. We really enjoyed making pizzas outside, before the weather got too hot.


Dear Hubby also purchased this wicker tray for me, from Williams-Sonoma, to hold our oils and vinegars, next to the stove. He remembered me saying that I wanted to get this tray and surprised me with it...


I added a crystal vase to hold our wooden cooking utensils. I'll probably end up replacing it with a ceramic crock.

So, imagine my excitement, when I got the latest Williams-Sonoma catalog in the mail! The inspirations are taken from the California wine country. We still love to incorporate warm, rich colors into our home, as it has a Tuscan influence. Many of my inspirations and colors were taken from my travels to Napa and the years that we lived outside of Austin, Texas, near the Texas Wine Trail and the Hill Country. The setting is just gorgeous!

Wine Country

Doesn't this spread look inviting? I can't wait until we are out of the triple digit heat! I love alfresco meals, especially during the fall season. I'm ready to get out and set a table like this! The olive branch dinnerware and amethyst glassware are perfect.

Shop Wine Country

I enjoy being able to cook outside and entertain family and friends!

Shop Wine Country

These images have also inspired me to plan a trip to Sonoma this Fall...hopefully, for my birthday, in September. The wine country is especially beautiful during that time.

Discover Wine Country

I still have some Williams-Sonoma gift cards burning a hole in my pocket; and I can't wait to stop in this week! As you may recall from some of my previous posts, it is one of my all-time favorite places to shop!! I have seen some wonderful pieces that I'd love to get online and in the catalog.

Well, that's it for today. I am planning to add more of the wine country feel to our home and will be back to share those additions with you!


34 comments:

  1. Great inspiration Shenita!! Everything you do is gorgeous and unique. What a great tray and a nice hubby to get it for you:-) Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the pizza tray, and so happy to see you out in blogland again!! Been missing you, but I understand all about life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Shenita...I missed you...love the additions from Pottery Barn!....I so remember that your hubby knows exactly what you want and is so sweet to gift them to you...the Wine Country is on our Bucket List...We have been to the Simi Valley region near Santa Barbara, but need to go north!..Glad to see you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back.. love the wine country colors and items.. that purple and green makes me smile. its so good to see you but I do understand about having a busy summer as thats how mines been also and it doesnt look like things will slow down till mid sept:)

    hugs
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so good to see you here Shenita! I love what you've done with the wine country idea...and I love Williams Sonoma.:-)

    Welcome Back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WELCOME back, SShenita! I totally get how busy summer can be! Thanks so much for your visit to my blog too. I ADORE those olive branch dishes and the glassware too. Hope you get to take that birthday trip:) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, Shenita!!!! I am so happy my good blog friend is back! I love all of your Tuscan touches. Welcome back! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I echo the above sentiments and welcome you back Shenita. It is HOT in TX isn't it? I love the wine country and can't wait to see what changes you make to your lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pizza board and the wicker tray! Looking forward to see the other changes. We have all missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, Shenita, we missed you so! Glad you are enjoying your summer.
    Love all the new wine country elements you are adding. Looks amazing!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl! Just popping in to wave before I go to bed. Was just thinking of you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to see your comeback post
    I love Williams Sonoma and want those Rouffi pans so bad the ones made in Italy,sue i didn't spell them correctly LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just stopped by from Southern Lovely. I love your tray.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Shenita!!! Yes it is hard NOT to be inspired by the beauty and rich colors of California's wine country. Your wicker tray and pizza board are just darling. Love all of the oils on the tray. That is me, I have to have my olive oil close at hand at all times.

    Happy to know all is well and that your were just off enjoying these precious summer months. Welcome Back my friend!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Shenita... It's been a while. What great inspiration. I love the tray for the oil and vinegar. It is so pretty. Sonoma is on my must see list also. I hope you get the chance to go.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there! Good to see a post from you! Love the new tray and the idea of how your going to use it. Calofornia wine country sounds great! I've heard a lot about it and have seen pictures but there's nothing like seeing it for real! Big hugs! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pizza board! When I got this catalog, I was also mesmerized by the wine country look. I have a little bit of it going on, but need to add some more. Wonder if my wicker tray that is similar to yours would pass for wine country. I'll have to give it a try. William (as in W.S.) and I are on a first name basis ~ especially at his outlet! Thanks for the inspiration. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad that you're back, Shenita. Sounds like you've really enjoyed your time away though. I've never been to Sonoma or the wine country, but I hope to one day. Can't wait to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shenita,
    Hello, again, dear friend. . .I've been missing you!!!
    Love your new pizza board and tray!
    Great inspirational photos from your catalog!
    I'll be watching for you next post!
    So~o~o good to have you back in The Land of Blog!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great post. I LOVE WS they have everything and so many, maybe to many things, I love. Sometimes I can spend a bit too much there and PB but I can't help myself sometimes. What's a girl to do?? LOL. Glad you are back and can't wait to see what you have been up to.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shenita, I am glad to see you back to blogging! The pizza board and tray are both wonderful and it was so sweet of your husband to surprise you with the tray.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh sweet pea, I'm so happy you're back blogging! Boy, I did miss you! I love your wine inspired vignettes and I am so inspired by this too! Loving the pizza board and the tray...amazing! Please don't go away for too long now. Enjoy yhour summer weekend.
    Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Shenita, how wonderful to see you today. How awesome is that pizza board! Glad you have enjoyed your summer. Fall will be here before you know it, and I know how much you Love Fall too!~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Welcome back, Shenita!
    It's nice to see you here again and I love your wooden
    cutting board. I can't get enough of those things!

    Hope this finds you well and enjoying what is left of our summer.
    xoxox
    A

    ReplyDelete
  25. HI Shenita! I've missed you! Oh, this is pretty and this reminds me I need some pretty cutting boards. Love how you've displayed everything. Thank you so much for popping in to see me
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lucky you -- what a wonderful husband and what a great piece for you oil and vinegars! Lovely display!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've wondered where you went...:))
    Glad you've had a good summer.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Shenita, glad you are back, I have seen absent off and on all summer with trips, visiting and seeing about my Dad, hope you are relaxed and ready to get back in the blogging mode for Fall. Beautiful inspiration for Wine Country. I have been to Sonoma Valley and Napa Valley twice and loved it, be sure, to keep making your plans for that visit.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, Shenita! I wondered where you were! Life does have a way of taking over sometimes! I love your pizza board and basket! I have something similar going on in my kitchen as well! My latest piece is a fish shaped board from Pottery Barn!

    ReplyDelete
  30. A hearty and robust welcome back to the blogging world, Shenita! Someone's been a busy decorista, and the reveal is as gorgeous as it is inspiring. Isn't that the idea? Looking foward to "fallowing" you and your adventures in decorating. Cheers!

    Love your style,
    Darleen

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad your back Shenita! Love your pizza board and the basket is perfect! Love WS stores, so many nice things to drool over! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday, hope you'll hop back over...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  32. The choice of pourers available in the market has really increased recently. There are those that stand on your table like the Vinturi aerator and those that attach to the bottle like the Soiree pourer. Both have their fans and any search of the internet will reveal numerous reviews both good and bad.

    decantus wine aerator

    ReplyDelete
  33. It is so good to see you here Shenita! I love what you've done. ia ma also so glad to see your come back post.
    sonoma wine tours

    ReplyDelete