Monday, September 10, 2012

~Thrift Finds in Destin, Florida~

Are you ready for some thrifting?



On Saturday, Dear Hubby and I explored Destin, FL. We have visited many of the shops before, on previous trips; but, we were hoping to find something different this time.

Well, we found a great consignment shop called, "Ava's Attic Consignment Boutique". Can I just say that, "I. LOVE. THIS. PLACE?!" 



"Ava's Attic" was voted "Best of the Emerald Coast", in the Reader's Choice Poll, of Emerald Coast magazine.



They have a wonderful assortment of home decor, furnishings, and apparel. When I walked in the front door, this awesome chandelier caught my attention...



The assortment here is amazing; and the prices are PHENOMENAL!!! (I will show you one of my great finds, later, in this post.)

Here is just a sampling of the merchandise that they carry...

Great art...

An assortment of furnishings...

Of course, accessories...

and even more furnishings.

This is a box full of dinnerware from...

Pottery Barn!!

This is another great piece...

And, yes, there were demijohns!!

You wouldn't believe the price on this table!!

I fell in love with this one...

And this armoire was stocked with their own chalk paint and waxes!

The other half of the shop had great apparel for women and children! A lot of them were designer labels!!!




This rack of little girls' cotton sundresses, with ribbon ties, was so cute!
The coordinating bows were all in this basket...

Oh, I miss the days when my girls were this small!

And this incredible fountain was out front, for a gem of a price!!

My deal of the day happened, literally, five minutes after I entered the store. A gorgeous piece of serveware, with coordinating servers caught my eye. They were just sitting at the end of the counter. (Ohhhh, I'd recognize that pattern and detail anywhere!) I asked the lovely young lady if they happened to be pieces from "Arthur Court"? She wasn't sure, as she, literally, had just gotten them in; and hadn't even priced them yet. As fate would have it, they came with the Arthur Court paperwork!!!

These pieces are from the Arthur Court "Horse" Collection...

This is the square casserole server with the pyrex dish...

This is the detail, without the dish...


This is the coordinating serving set...


If you look, here, at the Arthur Court website, the casserole server retails for $110. The server set retails for $35.

I got ALL of the pieces for $35!!!

I told you the prices are PHENOMENAL!

Dear Hubby and I already have a date with a U-Haul and a return trip planned!

I will be back later to share my additional finds! Wednesday, it is off to Charleston! I can hardly wait!!

Thanks so much for stopping by; and Happy Thrifting!!

Linking to:
Curb Alert-Friday Block Party
Coastal Charm-Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The Dedicated House-Make it Pretty Monday



40 comments:

  1. Looks fun-I want to go!
    Cute buys!

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, don't you just love a great find at a fabulous price? Lucky you, glad you found the Arthur Court and extra pieces and had fun while thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I just love thrifting! I wish I was in Florida and could check this place out for myself. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love great "local" places to shop? LOVE the Arthur Court pieces you got...what a fabulous price. I'm ready to head to Destin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a shop! You always find the neatest places, Shenita! Great finds, too! Thanks for sharing! XO~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are finding the BEST stores! Great finds & great prices...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the local shops. Looks like you scored a GREAT deal. Awesome. Exciting.
    I visit Destin every summer & will have to stop here on a rainy afternoon.
    Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great store, and that Arthur Court set is gorgeous! Have fun in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's my kind of store! Thanks for taking us on a tour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great shop! You scored big time. Can't wait to see your other finds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome finds!!! What a great place to visit! Have fun on your next trip this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pictures, and what a steal you got! So wish I was goning to Charleston - my hometown! I know you will return with some lovely treasures. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - I plan to start posting again (finally!) this week. It's be a crazy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic finds!! We don't have any shops like that in NJ. It is either Etsy or Ebay

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dish and serving pieces are beautiful and WHAT a bargain. Can't wait to see what ELSE you got! That is a great shop. have FUN in Charleston. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can feel the giddiness coming through on your great finds! I was about to ask if you are traveling by truck and I don't mean SUV, before you stated going back with a U Haul. Love all the items,(what luck)and happy hunting at your next stop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl - I need to go thrifting with you! Great score. I love Arthur Court serveware.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well Shenita..it was meant to be...you arrived there and it was waiting for you to give it a new home....Fantastic deal!!...Yes, U-Haul next time....Destin and the Florida panhandle is so very beautiful!...Have fun in Charleston...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shenita,
    Great Finds, indeed!!! NOW...what DID you purchase that you have to take a U~HAUL to fetch??? Don't worry, dear friend...I'll be back to find out!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great finds, Shenita! I'm happy to hear you have scoped out and are reporting on the great shops in Pensacola and Destin. I'll be making a trip there in December and plan to check these places out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great finds Shenita and what a fabulous shop! Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for all the eye candy, Shenita. LUV that fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing. How much was the table? I know someone with the same fountain! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are right the store looks amazing. I absolutely love the pieces you purchased. Of course, the price wasn't bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you lucky woman. You made out like a bandit! The pieces are lovely and yes, I am familiar with Arthur Court.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for sharing. We frequent the Santa Rose Beach area and I love consignment shops so I'll be checking this one out. I also collect Arthur Court in the rabbit pattern so I know what a score you made.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love Arthur Court and you found some great pieces of it! ..and for a great bargain! ...hope you are loving your trip to Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  27. How fun is that? I wish I could visit that store! I never thought of thrift shopping on vacation. I'm not too much on shopping AT ALL on vacation. I hit the local thrift shops in search of stuff to make some creative Halloween vignettes. The uglier the better for Halloween, right? But the turned out actually looking awesome - not ugly at all! See my post today.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Shenita, do you think your hubby would mind if you left him at home and took me thrifting next time? Wow, what a place. And Charleston? I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That must have been a fun day! Great find too.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I KNOW you fell in love with that set! I know how much you love Arthur Court. Their stuff is good! Looks like a great consignment shop you found. I love a good bargain and you certainly found one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How beautiful! It was meant for you to find it!
    xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete

  32. Oh Hun I seen a couple things I would have crammed in my car

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh My! I am ready for some thrifting. The next time I am in Destin I will be heading to Ava's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a super neat store!
    Just wanted you to know I linked today's post to your beautiful candles! You know I have always had a crush on them! Hope you are having a great week!
    Tami
    http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/09/pastoral-receptions-church-decor.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ok...another reason for Florida to be our family trip DESTINation next year!!! I am getting the chills just looking at your pictures!!! Gorgeous shops and holy smokes what an amazing score on that silver Shenita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful piece, Shenita! You walked in there at just the right time. It looks like they are filled with some lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Whoa! Shenita, that store is amazing! Did your jaw drop when you walked in and saw all of those goodies! I see lots that I wish could come home with me! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Shenita, Destin has been on my return list now for several weeks and you just moved it to the top of the list. That shop looks fabulous! I can almost hear your excitement over all the neat things. Thank you very much for sharing Ava's Attic! Helen

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome...and yes, incredible prices!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete