Monday, September 24, 2012

~My Latest Thrift Finds~

In my last post, I shared the wonderful birthday gifts that my family blessed me with. Well, the day before my birthday, my best friend treated me to a wonderful lunch. After lunch, I suggested that we go over to one of the local antique malls. It had been, at least, 5 or 6 years since I had stopped in this particular one.

While perusing the booths, the first item I found was this beautiful, large soup tureen, with underplate. I love the bountiful harvest pattern; and I'll enjoy using and displaying it for fall. The ticket price was $15.00; but when I got it to the register, it was an additional 20% off. The ladle was missing; but, I easily found a replacement online for about $7. So, overall, it was still a very good deal.




Next, I stumbled upon this De la Cuisine copper ice bucket. I did some research online, after I got it home; and apparently, it is very high quality.The lid and inside of the bucket are insulated; and it is in great condition. For now, I plan to polish it up, and use it as a planter on the kitchen counter, with some fall mums or dried hydrangeas. It will coordinate well with the copper pots on the pot rack.  I think it will be pretty in some sort of vignette. It was only $9.99, with an additional 20% off.



Finally, this large, wood pizza peel caught my eye. I picked it up and looked at it; but I put it back. (I don't know why.) After I got home, it was still on my mind. I started looking around the kitchen for places to display it. 
(What Tuscan kitchen would be complete, without a pizza peel?)  
I had looked at the ones at Sur la Table. They were about $34.95... not bad, but I kept thinking I could do better. Even on Etsy, they start at $40, for this size. So, after breakfast with my hubby the next morning, I made a trek back to the booth, hoping that it was still there. It was! And for $18, it was mine! 


So, these are my thrift finds for this week! I'm excited to 'play' with them, as I pull my fall decor together.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

26 comments:

  1. love all your thrifty finds shenita! i'm so glad you shared your soup tureen because it reminded me of one i have stored in my sideboard that's perfect for fall...i need to get it out and use it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! You also reminded me of my pumpkin soup tureen and bowls. :)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finds! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds, Shenita! Your photos are really pretty. xo ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which antique mall, you know I am in your area. You must share, great finds. I love the soup taureen, those things are usually so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, great finds, Shenita! The pizza peel is awesome ... would love one for my kitchen, too! I look forward to seeing how your stage your new scores! And, Happy Birthday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You find some great stuff! I don't think I've ever seen a copper ice bucket before!
    It's a really nice piece! That soup turrene is a beauty! Those can be so expensive!
    Your pizza peel was a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man you scored girl! Love that soup turrene. Thanks for sharing Shenita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found some wonderful goodies....that tureen is beautiful!!!!
    Happy Birthday :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful finds Shenita. I love the tureen. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday! You hit the jackpot! I love that soup tureen and copper pot! You got them for a great price. Don't wait so long to go back! You wouldn't want to miss something good! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finds! Would love these!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all these thrifty treasures that you found...beautiful tureen.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shenita girl! Now you KNOW how to brighten my Monday mornings! lol LOVE the great deals you got! I am looking for a Soup Tureen and keeping my eyes open for it every time I go to a Thrift, yard sale or antique mall. Someone asked..."Why don't you just go in a store and buy one?" But you see to ME the joy is all in the "Hunt", because when you find it...it's happy dance time! LOL So I'm doing the happy dance right now for your awesome finds! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! I have that exact soup tureen...How cool is that. My husband's Aunt let us go up into their attic years ago to pick out what we wanted after his Grandmother passed away. I use mine on Thanksgiving...I have the ladle as well. Great find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great finds! The tureen has a beautiful pattern! ...and I love the pizza peel. Can't wait to see where and how you display it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shenita,

    Fantastic buys! The soup tureen will get a lot of use. It's very pretty too. I love the copper bucket. Your pizza peel is something I's love to have.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shenita,
    WoW!!! Your birthday has been quite blessed, indeed!!! Love the fruit motif on your tureen...with matching platter...incredible...and on $ale...one lucky lady!!! The copper and pizza board are great finds , as well! Have a wonderful Autumnal week, dear friend!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great finds! I love that pizza board the best. I'm sure it will look great in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the pizza board. Big, beautiful, and rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great wood board, Shenita! I absolutely love that tureen you found and what a great price on it, too. I haven't had any luck recently findng tureen's. Of course, it's because I decided to start a collection for my kitchen cabinet tops! : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. OoooooWeeeeee! Those are some good looking finds! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete