Monday, June 18, 2012

I Won via The Uptown Acorn!!!

Happy Father's Day! I know I have been M.I.A. for awhile; but, we have so much going on right now. We have made it through all of the graduations, proms, etc.; and now we are focused on dorm shopping.  It is amazing how many great items are on the market...even from just a year ago! Anyway, I have been trying to spend as much time as possible with my "baby", before she leaves for college.

june2


Today, I'm excited to share with you my latest win!! A few weeks ago, I discovered a great blog, "The Uptown Acorn".  Ron has a gorgeous home in Uptown New Orleans; and for a Louisiana girl, like me, seeing how he has captured the essence of southern living in his home, has been a real treat! 

via The Uptown Acorn

1
via The Uptown Acorn

6
via The Uptown Acorn

Ron just hosted a great giveaway for Oysteria, a New Orleans based company, that specializes in exquisitely, handcrafted oyster serveware. You can read about them here.  Imagine my surprise when I logged on this morning and found a note from Ron saying that I had won!!

june

 (See my name on the strip of paper??!!...LOL!!!!)

june2

I can't wait to receive my oyster plate; and I'll certainly show you how I have decided to display it!

In the meantime, hop on over and pay Ron a visit at 
The Uptown Acorn!! You will not be disappointed!!!
Hope you're having a great Sunday!!!


Linking to:
You're Talking Too Much-Meet me Monday


16 comments:

  1. I love Ron's beautiful home and what an awesome win Shenita!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's beautiful. Congrats! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win Shenita. What a lovely home. Enjoy the time with your baby. They grow up so fast, don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win! It's lovely. I've been to that blog before and admired his beautiful home. I'm glad to hear that things are starting to slow down for you at home. It sounds like you've been very busy (but in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your giveaway win! Thanks for introducing me to a new blog to read too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Shenita....Enjoy every second with your daughter as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great win! You and I are in the same boat right now...I just graduated my daughter and I'm trying to get ready (emotionally and physically) for her college departure. Bittersweet, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well congratulations girl! Great, great giveaway....I will have to give him a visit.....Have fun...with your daughter...family first...When all is settled we will be waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you! Congratulations on your win! thanks for the link to a new and exciting blog to me. Speaking of blogs, I'm going to give mine a try again. ;)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS, Shenita!!! Looks like a beautiful home. I'll check out his blog. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win Shenita. I recently found Ron's blog too and since I love to go to New Orleans, I love looking and reading his posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the win, you lucky girl. I'm spending lots of time with my baby girl, too before she goes off to college in the fall. And, yes, we are dorm shopping. Actually, I just moved her in to UK for a 4 week pre-med summer program, so needless to say we have been coming to our Lexington home more often so I can see her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am trying to find the rooster plate on your Etsy. Where it be girl?

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yea Babe.. anything with ivy in it gets my vote for sure:-)
    love that display plate and the elements you choose for this display..

    ps~ ok I have now officially joined your site via google for the 5th time. If you dont show up on my blog list soon- not sure what else to do.. I actually thought maybe you had me blocked but you come visit me so I know ya didnt but but but lol..

    so now I'll wait and see if you show up on my dashboard with your latest post ..

    hope to see ya soon.
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete