Thursday, December 15, 2011

Santa Clause Is Coming To Town...My Santa Collection

A few weeks ago, I promised to share my African-American Santa collection with you. I started collecting them, shortly after I got married, over 20 years ago. Over the years, they have been a bit more difficult to find. Hobby Lobby and Garden Ridge usually have a good assortment; but, I have to get them as soon as they put them out.  They sell out quickly! 


I didn't realize how big my collection had become, until I pulled them out this year and started to set them up. Usually, I group them together; but, this year, I decided to spread them around the house. Well, I quickly ran out of tabletop space and had to limit my choices to a few of my favorites. Today, I'll share these with you!


I found a home for this first group, on an iron stand in the foyer. I bought this one for his fluffy white fur and happy expression. I love his deep red robe, trimmed in white fur.





This next one was given to me by one of the cheer moms last year. She heard me say how increasingly difficult these Santas are to find.  One night, we were sitting around; and the doorbell rang.  We went to the door and no one was there. I looked down and a gift bag was on the porch.  The tag said, "To: Shenita...From: Santa". I opened the bag and there he was!! Wasn't that sweet of her?! He sat on the edge of the mantel last year, but happily sits on a shelf, in the foyer, this year. Doesn't he look 'goofy'?! I love it!





I purchased this one many years ago, to coordinate with my ivory and gold decor, during my neutral phase...lol!  His robe is ivory and gold brocade.



I added this one this year. I love the crinkle of his eyes. His beard is so thick, and his wreath is so large, you can barely see his face!!


This is one of my larger Santas.  I've had him a few years now. For some reason, I fell in love with his thick glasses...lol!!! His robe is chocolate and copper; and coordinates well with my decor. I purchased him at Bombay Company...don't you miss that store??




I introduced you to this one on my foyer table a couple of weeks ago.  He has since moved to an accent table, between the foyer and the dining room.  I replaced him with a nativity scene, that was a gift from friends last year.



This Santa was one of the first that I acquired.  He has more of a rustic feel; and coordinated with the decor that I had when my girls were small.  I loved his burlap robe and green corduroy accents, along with his woven basket.



This is a Santa that I purchased this year. I loved his robe and holiday accents...the mini tree and present.




This Santa graces the buffet island, as you enter the kitchen...



This is the 'Woodland Santa' that sits on the center island, in the kitchen. He looks so jolly; and I love his red sleigh!



This is the very first Santa that I purchased, some 20 years ago.  He is animated and moves his little head from side to side. His candle also lights up; and he plays "Jingle Bells". My kids loved him!! (They still do! They turn him on and reminisce about the 'good ol days...lol!) The store had the matching Mrs. Clause; and I regret not buying her at the same time. I've looked every year; but I have not seen her anymore.





This little guy graces the powder bath each year...


And this is "Golf Santa"...he stands watch in the "Man Cave".  The gameroom has a sports theme; and I thought he was perfect for that space! 






Finally, you met these two guys when I first started decorating for the holidays. The Santa in the sleigh was a new purchase this year...





And this guy graces my mantel, along with an angel...


44 comments:

  1. Hi Shenita,
    I love holiday decorations and especially seeing what every collects! You have some great Santa's and the one in the fur coat is amazing!
    I am a snowman and reindeer addict :)
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shenita, your Santas are all very pretty. I love the story of you finding the one Santa on the porch in a gift bag. What a sweet gift from a sweet lady.
    Thank you for sharing your collection with us today!
    Happy Holidays~ Santa will be here soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't pick a favorite, their beards and clothes are terrific. Your home looks beautiful all decked out for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shenita, your Santas are wonderful. What a fine collection. I adore the Golf Santa, he is so cute! It's very difficult to have a favorite. Now, as everyone asks me, where do you keep them all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a wonderful collection you have. They are incredible. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shenita all of your Santa's are GORGEOUS!! I love all of their adorable faces! :) I am trying to buy at least one Santa each year. I love them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous collection! It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful collection of Santas! I love their beards. It must be so fun to decorate with them every year.
    Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I have ever seen so many Santas in one place. Your collection is fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shenita, I really enjoy your posts, and your home is so beautiful. Your Santas are great! I'm especially fond of the one with the leopard trim on his robes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, you do have quite a beautiful collection! I've often read of your collection, I'm glad to see all of them now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shenita you have an amazing collection. All absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Shenita! You have an amazing collection! I'm excited to take my kids to have their picture taken with Santa Dee this year! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really have quite the collection! Have you tried Ebay? Sometimes, if you're looking for something specific, you might have luck with them. I used to have a Santa holding the little candle light that moved back and forth too. We had him when my first born was little. Thanks for sharing your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great collections Shenita. They are all so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shenita, I LOVE your Santa collection! My favorite one is the one in the sleigh! I just posted MY fanorite Santa in my collection. I can't get ANY new ones, I have over 150!!!! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing ypur collection with us! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shenita your Santa collection is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shenita, what a wonderful collection! They are all so beautiful! The clothing and details on them are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the woodland Santa the most! I love collections in general, & what a fantastic idea this collection is!

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Shenita..they are all so beautiful. Have you every thought to showcase them in a large tree as they do with angels?...If I ever run across one, I know who to send it to!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous collection! I don't know which one I love more. But I do get a kick out of that man cave one, he must be from around here with those golf clubs!
    Thanks for your visit and linking up with us.
    We love having you.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi lovely lady.
    Your collections of Santa are Beautiful!! I love the way you have put them all together for the Christmas Holidays sweet.

    Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape for Christmas. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a lovely collection of Santas...Thanks fr sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love it! You do have a great collection! It's interesting to see how your tastes evolved through the years! I'm the same way.
    Check your e-mail!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the Santa Collection! They are all so beautiful and unique! Thanks so much for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all of your Santas, what a great collection you have!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love every single one of your wonderful African-American Santas!!! I've started collecting a few Santas, too, and I love each one's unique personality--just a few nights ago I got a fun chef Santa with gingerbread man/house at JC Penny for a song with the sale/coupon~!
    And, yes, I truly miss Bombay....some of my best deals/beauties in the house were found on super sale there!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIEND,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great collection you have. I love how you displayed them. Thanks for stopping by our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness girl...I love your collection. Each one is more adorable than the last! Yes I do miss Bombey also! btw, I did see some Santas you might be interested in at Kohls, if you have that store. That was last week, so they may be gone, but they were gorgeous!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a sweet and fabulous Santa Collection. Each one has such personality!

    Your home is gorgeous, so warm and beautifully decorated for the holidays!

    Thank you for sharing and linking to Potpourri Friday at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a wonderful Santa collection you have Shenita! I especially love the animated one...so wish you had Mrs. Clause too! Maybe she'll show up!!!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great African-American Santa collection. They are all amazing. Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful Santa collection, Shenita! Each one is so unique and different from the others ... love the one on your foyer table. And, the larger Santa dressed in copper is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a lovely Santa collection !!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my sweet Shenita, you sure have a wonderful santa collection, it is fabulous, they're all so elegant! The one in copper, that's the one I want! All they need is Mrs. Clauses now too, lol! I wish you and yours a wonderful Christmas, filled with blessings. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just a beautiful collection. They are all so gorgeously dressed and the detail is incredible. I am especially partial to the Woodland one. He is beautiful. Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love, love, love your santas, what a wonderful collection! Happy Holidays, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  38. From stunning to whimsical these make up a magnificent collection. Thank you so much for sharing them on Motivated Monday at BeColorful.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  39. Shenita, What an amazing Santa collection. I love all of them but Golf Santa pulled a chuckle out of me! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm following you now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Too beautiful for words! I too have a Santa jones and I've been at it for 41 years!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Shenita, this is outstanding as usual! I love all of it. Looks amazing! Merry Christmas!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  42. You have a beautiful collection - feel free to join our community on Facebook and post some there: BlackSantaCollectors - https://www.facebook.com/Black.Santa.Collectors

    ReplyDelete