Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas 2011 Mantel

Today, I'd like to share my fireplace mantel with you:


(The walls in the family room are about 25 ft. high; so, it is really hard to get a good picture of the entire fireplace. Therefore, I will show it to you in sections.) The lower mantel is draped with a pine garland, decorated with chocolate ribbon. Chocolate, copper, and gold ornaments, along with gold berry picks, add the glitz.  I also added clusters of pheasant feathers.


The garland also has mini gold cherubs and beaded grapes. 


On the hearth, I have my wrought iron candlesticks, cross embellished candles, and chocolate velvet cross pillow.  The mosaic vase was a birthday gift from my daughter. I love the way it sparkles against the lights!


The upper mantle houses part of my collection of urns and crosses. I kept it simple and just added a few large ornaments and a couple of glittered cone trees:

 (Night View)

 On the lower mantel, I kept the lanterns, from my fall decor.  I love the glow that they cast at night. I just added a few large ornaments on top.  I added a wreath to the iron scroll that remains year 'round. It is also decorated with chocolate and copper ornaments, and a few seasonal picks. An angel and one of my collected Santas complete the mantel.



The brass 'NOEL' stocking holders were a Target purchase, several years ago.  I also bought the bronze stockings from Target, at the same time.  I loved the crystals; however, I still thought they were a little plain.  While in the store, I noticed the initial ornaments and thought they would be perfect as "monograms", on each of the stockings! I was also lucky enough to find each of our initials, already embellished with Swarovski crystals, in the colors of our birthstones! (If you look closely, you may be able to see them.) I simply added the ornaments to the stockings with a hot glue gun.





And, this is our mantel for 2011! Thanks for stopping by; and Have a Great Day!!



Linking to:

43 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful Shenita! You certainly know how to make a place look GREAT! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Shenita!! Love the browns and coppers, and all of the lights. As always, you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely Shenita ~ very elegant and festive.
    Merry Christmas
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Shenita! So classy and full of shimmer...love your ceiling height...so grand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I'm always impressed by your home and decorating style, Shenita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You've got a double decker mantel!!! How neat! I guess you need one with 25 ft. ceilings. That's high! I love how you've accessorized it. It's so elegant and sophisticated with the satin stockings and all the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is quite lovely and so festive. I'm still decorating... nothing looks nearly this pretty at my house -- still in that whirlwind stage! I'm enjoying your calm and sophisticated look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You've done it again. Incredibly beautiful. How warm and delightful it must be to sit in that room! Very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing! I love how bright & cheery it is! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this color scheme a lot and the two figures next to the lanterns are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, I have never seen 2 mantels like that before. Creative idea. I really like the wreath over the iron piece. All the layers are just breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a true gift! Your decorating style is simply breathtaking!!! Thanks for sharing your gift with the blog world! You inspire me!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! You have a great natural talent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did it again..........simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, Shenita !! It's truly stunning. I love the colors you chose ... your vignettes are fabulous ... love the stockings, too! So much eye candy ... I'm off to look again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Shenita, Your mantle is gorgeous!! I just love it...thanks for all of your nice comments on my Christmas decorating. I'll have to say that I'm glad it's almost over! lol...Thanks for purchasing the frame! I know you will love it,the black beaded ribbon is beautiful! I'll get it shipped right out. Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shenita, absolutely gorgeous. I love the chocolate color....just charming!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO GORGEOUS, Shenita!! Your fireplace is amazing and I love the colors you used to decorate it. Everything is beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gorgeousness! I love the colors. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! It is SO gorgeous!! I love it so much! Girl you never cease to amaze me with your talent, each post just keeps getting better and better. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Madam, your mantel is pure magic!! Shenita this is my favourite mantel! How else, I am an urn additc and you even have a painting of an urn! This is gorgeous! Very stylish lady!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! That fireplace is really something! I love the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very beautiful! That's a lot of area to decorate! I like what you did with the stockings- very custom and pretty! The wreath and the garland look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How beautiful! Your mantel is absolutely grand! Love your wreath and the stockings! Everything is so elegant!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shenita this is just breath taking! Your fireplace is massive! Thanx for coming to the party! I always love getting to peek in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Shenita, what a gorgeous mantle & fireplace! You sure have a flair for decorating so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's splendid and so elegant! Everything about it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW, this is so beautiufl, I love the crosses mixed in with the Christmas. I love the significance of them.
    The stocking are the perfect touch to the color scheme. Great job.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! This looks spectacular, Shenita. What a showcase, love it and love the colors!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful mantle! Love that you have a double mantle-so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fantastic mantel. The chocolate is so elegant and it is just gorgeous with the lights glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! You've done an outstanding job decorating your mantel. It's incredibly beautiful.

    Sharon @ mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

    p.s.
    I'm a Texas girl, too! Born in Beaumont, raised in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  33. p.s.

    I love your "gumbo" style! Just joined your blog so I can admire your talent.

    Sharon @ mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW Shenita, your mantel is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Shenita, you have done it again! Gorgeous! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just beautiful! I love all the sparkle. I am wishing I put lights on my mantel now!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your mantel is beautiful, Shenita! I love the beautiful glow from the lights. Your NOEL stocking holders are great.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Absolutely gorgeous, Shenita! I enjoy all the sparkle during the holiday season. You've done such a lovely job with your decorations. The wreath on the decorative iron piece is a great idea. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just gorgeous, Shenita!! I am now fololowing you by e-mail so I don't miss a thing!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  40. How wonderful to have two mantels on one fireplace to decorate for Christmas. This looks beautiful. laurie

    ReplyDelete