Monday, October 10, 2011

It's A Party, Y'all!

Happy Monday!! First of all, let me start by giving a special "Thank You" to four very special people for featuring my little blog. I am truly honored that you thought enough of me to do that!! As a newbie, (2-1/2 weeks now...yayyyy...lol!!!), you just never know if anyone is out there looking at what you post, until you get the comments. It means a lot to hear from all of you!

First, there's Kristen of Kristen's Creations. Kristen is one of the most creative bloggers that I have met; and has some gorgeous 'eye candy' over on her site! Her fall decor is just lovely! She also has some of the most beautiful custom floral arrangements that I have seen!

Then, on Friday, Melissa of Made in the South,  placed me in her fab four for the week! Melissa and I share that 'cajun' bond...and her site is an awesome assortment of decor, cooking, diy projects, and just good 'ole southern charm!

I also want to thank Debbie of Debbiedoo's Blogging and Blabbing and Honey of 2805. Your features, the previous week, gave my blog a nice little boost!! I truly appreciate you!!! You ladies provide a wealth of information and are totally amazing!!

Please stop in and visit all of these great women! You will not be disappointed!!!

Well, after some MUCH needed, soaking rains this weekend, it's finally starting to feel a little more like fall in this part of the country... or as close as we're going to get for awhile. So, today, I will be outside adding some fall accents to my front entry. While I'm working out there, I decided that I would show you what I was doing, prior to joining the blogosphere. My weekends had been very full!!


For the past 6 years, I have had a children's event planning service, All Things Imagined Events, catering to little girls, ages 3-10. These all-inclusive theme parties include custom invitations, decor, linens, china and crystal, silver tea service, gift bags, cakes, thank-you notes, and dress-up apparel. What a joy it has been to see their faces light up, when I come through the door, with a big cluster of balloons! These parties were such a hit, that the moms often decided that they wanted to have their own whimsical versions...spa parties, girls' night in, baby showers, wedding showers, etc.  So, with that, I tapped into another market!


This is the invitation for the Camelot Princess party. I found the printer paper at Office Max; and I bought all of the components at Hobby Lobby...(I really should own stock in that place!) I purchased a bag of wooden dowels, tassels, and a gold glitter spray paint. I took the dowels outside and spray painted them with the glitter paint; and once they were dry, I glued them to the invitation, top and bottom. Then, once the glue was dry, I added the tassel, rolled them up like a scroll, and slipped them inside of mailing tubes, that I had spray painted gold. I also added a few gold metallic shreds to the inside of the mailing tube, to add to the excitement of opening the invitation.

We also have whimsical cakes available to coordinate with our themes. The teapot cakes are always a big hit at tea parties:






And this OPI Nail polish cake was a winner at a spa party!


Please take a few moments to click on the link to my website, and maybe, get some ideas for your own little princesses:

****Be sure to check back this afternoon for "Part 2" of yesterday's trivia question. What fun we had with that one!!  I will be giving away a $50 gift card!!!****

Have a great day!!!!

Verse for the Day:
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.   
                       Psalm 37:4

Linking to:
BNOTP-Tablescape Thursday
Lady Katherine Tea Parlor-Tuesday Teatime
Angel Wings and Apron Strings
Sweetology-Tea Party Tuesday
The Plumed Pen-Tuesday Tea for Two
Artful Affirmations-Teacup Tuesday
Breath of Fresh Air-Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Silken Purse-Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Martha's Favorites-Teacup Tuesday
Rose Chintz Cottage-Tea Time Tuesday
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays
Homemaker On A Dime-Market Your Biz
Project Queen
Boogieboard Cottage-Masterpiece Monday
Sumo's Sweet Stuff-Market Yourself Monday
Be Colorful-Motivated Monday
HomeSavvyAtoZ-Homemade Monday
You're Talking Too Much-Meet Me Monday
Dittle Dattle-Amaze Me Monday

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being featured! Love the cakes! Very creative!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's great. I used to decorate cakes too. Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You're doing great!! LOVE the teapot cake. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that you did childrens parties like that. How fun! I have boys, so no little princess parties at my house. Ha! Those cakes are amazing! Looking forward to tomorrow's post too! I'm having a giveaway on my blog today. Go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the mention. You are just the sweetest.
    Your parties look amazing. The cakes are over the top, I have never seen a teapot cake like that.
    Parties have come along way in my childrens 23 years. Heck, my kids were excited to have a party at McDonalds and play on the playground. LOL
    But look out when I have grandkids. I can only hope that my daughter will let me help her with the parties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being featured!
    How fabulous I didn't know you did parties! I adore the teapot cake. I'm off to check our your link. I've got my daughter's 3rd birthday coming up in 8 days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shenita....thank you for joining me at my new blog...I appreciate that and look forward to a back and forth. I had already joined your blog list yesterday. I love your "Happy Birthday" ideas and the cakes are fabulous....wow!! Off to read my mail. It is our Thanksgiving Holiday here in Canada, so I am not moving too quickly today (smile). It was nice to see the house from Dallas, I always watched that show and South Fork was a special place. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow girlfriend! Did you say 2 1/2 WEEKS? How'd you get 2 1/2 hundred followers so fast? i need to take lessons from you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. following you back...
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did I ever need you for the past 10 years for themed birthday parties for my 11 year old! I cut her off this year! I was exhausted! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a new follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing tea pot cakes

    WOW-ZAh

    -KAT-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on being featured. Your business sounds like fun and wonderfully fulfilling. Those cakes are adorable, the nail polish cake is very unique I've never seen one like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What creativity in these cakes, Shenita. I sure do love that second teapot! Glad you're getting so much exposure. It's so amazing that these days so many new bloggers are being given that opportunity on the "bigger" blogs. With that comes new followers and friends. It didn't used to be like this-I sure wish this concept had been around when I first started blogging! :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your feature, and you're definitely creative with your parties and cakes. I especially like the teapot cake.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Shenita! I truly appreciate you taking time to comment on my blog! You are so sweet! Love your party planning business and you adorable cakes! LOVE!!!!! Take Care! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Shenita,
    Your teapot cake is simply adorable! What fun! You're very creative. Thank you for sharing this with Tea Time and becoming a follower. I am following you back. Love your front entrance, by the way! It's lovely! Wishing you a delightful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS!!! Ok, LOVE the teapot cake...no shock there! So many great things here. I appreciate you linking up...best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Shenita,
    Congratulations on the success of your lovely blog.
    You are obviously blessed with a great gift for creativity!
    Those teapot cakes are simply amazing :-)
    Thanks for linking up to LACE.
    Blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your teapot cake! How darling this all is.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Shenita! I'm old, so I don't have any little ones at home. Your creations for little kids' parties are great, though!!!! Everything is so cute, and I just can't imagine too many little girls who wouldn't be thrilled beyond belief with it all!!!!! That teapot cake is one girls of ALL ages (even as old as me!) would love! Have a wonderful weekend, and congratulations on your 3 week blogging anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your teapot cake is amazing, Shenita! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Shenita,
    As A mother of four grown ups...three of them girls,
    and G-mother to nine......six of them girls,I appreciate the creativity and effort you have put into your business. I too, think your teapot cakes are amazing.How clever you are!!
    I have been on holiday for a month and I'm enjoying catching up with L.A.C.E. friends....new and old.
    God Bless
    Barb from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just wanted to stop by and let you know I featured you tonight on Motivated Monday
    Pam

    ReplyDelete