Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Blog Love Continues...




Well, The Versatile Blogger award has come back again this week! I am so humbled by the support I have received since I began my blogging journey! This week, the award came from two great ladies that I need to thank for even thinking of me!!

First, JoAnn, over at Jo's This and That, stopped by to drop off the award. I must admit, I was truly honored because I have admired JoAnn's blog, since I first started this journey. She creates some of the most beautiful tablescapes, vignettes, mantels....gosh, everything!! If you haven't had the pleasure of visiting JoAnn, you're truly missing out!!
 
Then, I got a surprise email from Brooke at Cupcakes and Cucumbers! Brooke has one of the cutest blogs! She is definitely not a one-dimensional girl! She is a professional photographer, but gives great insight on recipes, travel, and markets & festivals. Please stop by and show her blog some love! 


Now, the rules state that I should thank the person who sent it to me; and to tell you 7 things about myself, that you may not know. I feel like I've told you pretty much everything before...so, this is tough! LOL!! Ok, let's see...


1) I am an only child- And I didn't grow up to be a spoiled brat!


2) I have had the same best friend for over 25 years...Love ya, Donna!!


3) I play the piano. I used to be the Sunday School musician at my childhood church!


4) I love to watch reruns...drives my kids crazy!!


5) I secretly love some shows on the Disney Channel...shhh, don't tell my girls!!  


6) When I'm feeling stressed, I like to clean house! It's therapeutic!


7) I coached my girls' cheer squad in pee wee football. We won first place at competition, with a cheer and mini-pyramid, from my high school days! LOL!!


Now, the second part of this award states that I should pass it on to 15 newly discovered blogs. However, many of the ones that I am thinking of have either already passed it on; or they have just been awarded!  The following blogs are some that I recently discovered; and feel that they are truly inspiring and full of great ideas. Please go by and visit them, if you haven't already!






I also want to give a special thank you to Diane Cayton-Hakey at The Blue Ridge Gal!  Diane is responsible for my header and my new button...she truly is an ANGEL, especially for newbies like me!!!  Thanks, Diane!!!  I so appreciate you!!!!

Thanks for stopping by today; and enjoy your weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on receiving another award, Shenita. It's well deserved! I like your list - I clean and organize when I'm stressed, too.
    Hope you have a moment to stop by for a visit at Classic Chic Home - you're always welcome!
    ~ Wendi ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on receiving the award Shenita!
    I too was an only child and I didn't grow up to be a brat either. :0)
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the award. following you back, sorry it took me a while to get by here but LOVE your blog :) Just added you to my blog roll because I could sure use some decorating advice and love your fall ideas! Can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo, you deserve it!!! You do have a great blog. I lost my hard drive on Tuesday and just got my computer back up and running today. I can't wait to see what I've missed.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Shenita, on receiving the award!! I loved reading about you. I live in Texas, too!!! Too bad about the Rangers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the award, Shenita! Just discovered you today through your comment on my blog. I'm an only child who didn't turn out to be a spoiled brat, too. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Shenita on your award and for passing it on to me! Your are so sweet :) We are right in the middle of our 2nd annual fall campout over here at the Mango house with tweenagers running around everywhere sooo I'll get this posted and pass it along on Monday! Thanks again! XOXO, Clydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Thanks for enjoying my blog & following! I will like to follow back :)thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award! I'm following you back. You completely made my day with your comment and following me! (You're my very first follower...I've only been at it a week.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the award! I had to LOL at you secretly loving the Disney shows. (So do I) haha
    I also clean and organize when stressed, or angry!

    ReplyDelete