Sunday, September 11, 2011

Some Fall Inspiration

I hope all of you have had a great weekend!! We are having beautiful weather; however, those cool temps, that we enjoyed last weekend, are creeping back into the upper 90's. Despite that, when my calendar says, "September", I am in fall mode!  Today, I'm so excited to bring out my fall decor and transform my home into my autumn sanctuary.  I just love all of the warm colors of the season...the deep rusty reds, bronzes, oranges, and golds.  As I gather up my 'goodies', enjoy these photos from my inspiration files:



These photos are from one of my favorite blog sites, Grits and Glamour.




I loved this mantel from Jo's This and That.



If you've never decorated for fall before, there are some wonderful (easy) places to start.  Why not begin with the fireplace mantel or your kitchen table?  Stores like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Home Goods have some wonderful decorative items that you can purchase inexpensively.  Or, depending on your location, simply step outside! Nature has already provided us with some wonderful accents--pinecones, berries, leaves, dried grasses, etc. 



 You don't have to spend a lot of money to bring "a touch of fall" into your home. Happy Decorating!!

Verse of the Day: To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.  Ecclesiastes 3:1

3 comments:

  1. Hi there...welcome to blogging. I see you love Fall and so do I. What a pretty home you have. Love your front porch. Hope you join me sometime for my newbie party. I will be having it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized they are your inspiration photos...none the less, I love the front porch and the dining areas..great Fall inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! THanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.
    I love Grits and glamour! One of my favorite blogs as well.

    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete