Thursday, September 8, 2011

Signs of Fall and Treasured Friendships

For me, one of the first signs that fall is fast approaching, is getting the kids back in school and meeting up with friends for lunch.  Today, the BFF and I had a wonderful lunch at Bonnie Ruth's French Bistro. The atmosphere was lovely, as they had all of the sliding doors open to the patio.  The warm sunshine and gentle breezes were the crowning touches!



There's nothing like sharing lunch and memories with your best girlfriend.  We have known each other since elementary school.  We grew up on the same street in Louisiana, attended the same church, were cheerleaders together, and stood up for one another, at our respective weddings.  We even had our firstborn children within 4 months of each other!  Now, we treasure the honor of being godparents to each other's children and residing in the same metroplex! Talk about history!  While I have a passion for decorating, this girl has got me beat! Her taste is impeccable; and it shows in her home. (Maybe, one day, I'll have pictures to share.)

Anyway, after our lunch, we decided to stroll through the shops at Watters Creek.  We made a stop into one of my favorite places, Sample House and Candle Shop.
When I start preparing for the fall season, one of the first things that I do is shop for the latest in autumn candles and fragrances.  Nothing sets the mood like nesting in your home, with the scents of the season...apples, cinnamon, cider, pumpkin, and woodsy scents that remind you of fall leaves. Even my teenage daughters look forward to scenting up their rooms, with their favorite candles, on the first day of fall!

In the coming weeks, I will be sharing more of my inspirations, for one of my favorite seasons of the year.  Take a look around and see what inspires you!

Quote of the Day: "A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."
                                --Elbert Hubbard


1 comment:

  1. Hi Shenita! Thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comments. I noticed that you're in the North Dallas area, after reading several of your posts. We're neighbors! I frequent Watters Creek on a weekly basis, love that area!
    I have enjoyed reading about your wonderful finds. I love your decorating style, very similar to mine. I'm following you now too, thanks for following me! Blessings, Alicia

    ReplyDelete