Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Latest Mini Haul...

Ahhh, the cool temperatures have returned to us!! After (assumingly) dodging an all-time record of  100 degree days, we spiked a record temp of 107 on Tuesday!  Thus, we've accumulated 70 days of record heat! This Texas weather never ceases to amaze me!  However, Mother Nature has given us a break; and I awoke to a mild 67 degrees this morning.  How do you truly appreciate weather like that?  Go shopping, of course!!  While I wasn't in the market for anything in particular, it was the perfect day to hit some of my faves...Hobby Lobby, Ross, and Kirkland's.  Here's what I found:
I scored this vase in gold, and a coordinating one in red, from Hobby Lobby.  They are 50% off this week.  The red one is actually made to sit on its side...(perfect for displaying a cornucopia of fall goods spilling out.)  I found them in the garden section, with the flower pots. The vases perfectly coordinate with my Tuscan decor.  And I couldn't possibly get the red and gold, and not have a green! So...... I found this green vase at Kirkland's. It's a part of their new "Tuscan Kitchen" section.
(I pulled this picture from their website.) Mine was photographing a cross between mint and sage! LOL! It is actually a very pretty olive green. I can't wait to put them all together in a new vignette in the kitchen.  I, then, headed over to Ross. While there, I found these neat little rooster plates for $3.99 and $4.99.  They were just that "pop of fall color" that I needed above my kitchen cabinets.

While there, I stumbled upon this tall olive green vase for $9.99.  I've been looking for some green accents to add to the kitchen.  So, today was a good day!
For some great Tuscan decor and inspiration, I love to stop by and visit Accents of Salado.  Talk about eye candy!

10 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. I love your home and decor it so pretty. I read your profile and I can relate. Had and have so many things I want to do. You are blessed to be able to stay home. Unfortunately I can't at this time but am praying that some day soon I'll be able to dedicate myself to all the things I love to do, one of which is blogging. I can't post as often as I would like, but I sure have fun following all you gals. Looking forward to your posts.

    Have a blessed weekend,

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday to you! I really love all your new finds. Isn't Hobby Lobby great? I find such great deals there. Looks like you're right on track for the Tuscan style you're creating. We, too, woke up to cooler temps this morning. What a relief! I know you have been experiencing much hotter temps than us and wildfires in your state. It's good that you're getting some relief. We're expecting some rain this weekend. Hope we get it. Our grass is so dry. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely lady.
    I love all your new Treasures from Hobby Lobby this was a great find. I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape of fall, and becoming my newest follower on my blog. I hope you are keeping cool with all this Hot Temps in Texas. The Gulf Coast is Hot also. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.....I would love to know your name if you are comfortable with that.

    I am also a true Southern Belle living in Florida all my life. I love it. Our temps weren't nearly as bad as many parts of the U.S. but the humidity was reeking this year....it was a rough summer.

    Love all your things....such great colors.

    Thanks for following Bella Vista and I am following you right back.

    Come over often!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and joining! You have an absolutely beautiful home, great decorating!
    have a blessed weekend!
    Regina
    p.s.I am trying to find where to follow you on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! we have some cooler weather here too. I'll be wearing my boots jeans and sweater today! Yayyy...I should probably go buy some hot chocolate for my kiddos.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello SLR,
    What is your first name? It's lovely to meet you. I enjoy meeting new blog friends. Thanks for finding me so I could find your blog as well. I appreciate your kind visit and I hope you will visit often.

    WOW! Your home and decor' are absolutely stunning. I adore it all. Love the way you arranged the coffee table. Beautiful!

    Warmly, ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shenita (assuming that is your name...very pretty),

    Thank you for stopping by today.
    You have some lovely Fall decor. I love the colors of Fall anytime! I especially like the first pic of the gold vase. So pretty!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you got an amazing haul.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these Tuscan colors! I have a plate with a Rooster much like yours! Enjoy the decorating for Fall.

    ReplyDelete