Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Living Room Coffee Table

I have been tinkering with the tablescape on my living room coffee table for a while now.  I think I have finally found an arrangement that works for me...for now. (LOL)


I simply gathered up a leopard print throw that I had and placed a floral arrangement inside of a small trunk.  Then, I added some finials that I gathered from around the house.  I added crystal rose bowls and our family Bible, that I got from my mother...it is open to her favorite passage, Proverbs 3:5-6.  The magnifying glass was used by my late father, when he read the newspaper. I simply added a tassel.

I'm linking to the Potpourri Party at 2805!!


Verse for the Day:
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He will direct thy paths. 
Proverbs 3:5-6


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful vignette! I love the leopard throw and the use of your parent's things. So warm and cozy!

    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm hoping that this will work. I just tried your suggestion. Some people also suggested using Google Chrome, but it looks like I'm already using that. Here goes nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! You're a GENIUS!!!! You are the only person that told me this method. I LOVE YOU!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am indebted to you. I am now your happiest follower and I'm adding you to my blog list. I'll spread the word to everyone that you helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi neighbor! I too get excited when I find another Louisiana girl. Your home is just beautiful. What I would give for a stairway like yours!!! Wow~ Looks like you are getting the nack of your camera as well. What kind do you have? I have a Fuji but dream in Cannon :)
    So very nice to meet you~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks pretty! I just found your blog through Liz (Savvy Seasons) I had to come check it out after I heard you like Tuscan decor! I love it too!! I am your newest follower, come check me out if you get a chance.

    Noplacelikehomeally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am guessing you don't have pets! Has a real "old world" look! LOVE the leopard! AND the feathers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bible verse! I love it! Everything looks really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful vignette! Love the fact that you are using family treasure and favorite verses in it. I see your not in the other post about you shop in Salado. I will stop in when I can on my way to Austin!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday. You are and asset to the party's success and I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prov. 3:5-6 one of my favs, also. Thanks for sharing this beautiful coffee tabletop decor and for keeping your Bible out in the open for visitors to peruse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful...love the candle holders.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you shopped the house for your vignette. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete